Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 10:33 PM   #41

We been lucky to not have mice in the living quarters of our Class C, but this summer they found our engine's ventilation system - made a nest in the heater fan box and plugged up all the dashboard vents with batting from the tire cover linings. I feel the peppermint oil I was using has worked in the coach and under-storage compartments, but now I'm trying bobcat urine - sprayed on the plywood that the tires sit on, and I ordered more to spray on the inside of the tire covers. I'll also be spreading a granule product around the blacktop pad to increase the scent area. Here's where I've been getting it from: https://www.predatorpeestore.com/mic...cat-urine.html
I'll look for posts through the winter where I'll post my results.
Good Luck!
birderlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:42 PM   #42

Mice

We have always used cotton balls with peppermint oil, and a box of bounce sheets. As long as there are no mice I don't mind using a whole box of sheets, The smell in there even drives me out :-)
Draytondave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:49 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by framatome1030 View Post
put a cat in the trailer, problem solved
Yea and have it spray all over the place, that'll fix alot.
Wicked Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #44

Mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthomso1 View Post
I hope you have better luck with this product than I did. I carefully and completely sprayed my unit for three consecutive years and still had mice every year. No obvious entry points, they can seemingly get in at will. I think the damnable mousefree stuff attractive attracted the little beasts! A total waste of time and money for me.
I had a problem with mice two years in a row. Read how they follow the scent of other mice. I washed all floor areas with bleach and awesome cleaner to kill any leftover scent. Seemed to work as I have not had anymore mice in tt since. I also use fabric softener sheets.
Lulu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan n Gerda View Post
Have Mouse Free sprayed under your RV (about $200)! Only do it yourself if you don’t go light and know what the heck you are doing! $200 is the price we paid and it’s extra thick and leaves no area uncovered! Lasts about a year unless you drive and dive through lots of water! Then I recommend 100% peppermint oil in a KCup with a single cotton ball! A drop of Peppermint oil will do and it’s not inexpensive! Get it on Amazon—best deal for a 4oz bottle that lasts! Put the cups in your outside storage compartments 1 each is enough! A very few inside but take them out a couple of days before you hit the road! Recharge them with peppermint oil at least 1 time a month! Then plug any difficult openings with steel wool! Keep using mouse traps but fewer in strategic places! Nutty peanut butter—just a dab will do you! It’s the only combination that’s works for us! Dan
That is a lot of exclamation marks (!)
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:37 AM   #46

Those mice can make a person use a lot of expletives!!!!
johndeereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #47

Hire the cat from the Movie Mouse Hunt with Nathan lane, and Christopher Walken, good luck with getting rid of those suckers but I heard if you put steel wool anywhere there is an opening for them to get in that deters them they don’t like the metal
Old 11-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #48

TRY THIS

Try putting moth balls under your camper and put bounce dryer sheets all over the inside.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #49

Irish spring soap. No joke, rodents do not like it. If you don't believe me just Google it.
axnjxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by axnjxn View Post
Irish spring soap. No joke, rodents do not like it. If you don't believe me just Google it.
Doesn't work at all. They just eat it.

I had some in a drawer last winter and came back in the spring and it was half gone.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #51

We checked our camper today, we have an infestation. We had a bar of mouse poison that was chewed in half and spread all over.
HeyJude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #52

Have you tried peppermint oil? It's always worked for us.
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #53

Photos of the damage they are doing. They even got into my sofa bed and tore up the cover. I'll have to get a new one.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
Have you tried peppermint oil? It's always worked for us.
Bought some online today, also bought traps and bait.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:16 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I had a bar of Irish spring in a drawer over the winter last year. Came back in the spring to find half the bar eaten with droppings all over. So it obviously didn't work. A friend of mine says they may have changed the formula.

We've always used Downy fabric softener sheets and had good luck with them. The only places they really got into were the few places we missed with the sheets. They chewed up TP in one of our bathroom cabinets, and a pair of cheap work gloves in a storage compartment.
I've had good luck with mousefree. But my RV has the Arctic package on it and from some of my research it seems RV s without the Arctic package seem to be more vulnerable to mice.
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:37 PM   #56

Someone mentioned cats earlier. I have several acres of land previously used as horse pasture but now allowed to just grow wild. Occasionally I run a large mower around the edges and see mice running by the hundreds. And an occasional rat. These areas are within 50 yards of where my RV is parked (under carport) but I have never seen any sign of the rodents near or inside the unit. Ever.

However, I do have two outdoor cats that live in the barn next to the RV. And, since I occasionally put a small amount of cat food near the carport to attract them there are several feral cats that hang around. I'm firmly convinced they are responsible for keeping the mice away.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:24 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Someone mentioned cats earlier. I have several acres of land previously used as horse pasture but now allowed to just grow wild. Occasionally I run a large mower around the edges and see mice running by the hundreds. And an occasional rat. These areas are within 50 yards of where my RV is parked (under carport) but I have never seen any sign of the rodents near or inside the unit. Ever.

However, I do have two outdoor cats that live in the barn next to the RV. And, since I occasionally put a small amount of cat food near the carport to attract them there are several feral cats that hang around. I'm firmly convinced they are responsible for keeping the mice away.

We have cats but they are indoor only, our neighbor, however has a cat that mostly stays outside so I'm hoping he'll protect the area.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #58

Sorry to hear that! Try checking where the drains go through the floor if you can access them. So far that seems to be where they came into my camper.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #59

That for sure can make a person use expletives!!
Old 11-21-2018, 06:49 AM   #60

I have used sonic repellents for years and have never had a mouse problem. If you have power you can purchase plug in models. If no power most farm stores sell them that operate off battery power, farmers use them to keep mice away. I use 2 battery sonics in my 5th wheel (front and back) and have never had a problem.
JerryS is offline   Reply With Quote