Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Biker trash

Cool stuff

What is the coolest thing you own. It can be cool,sentimental,high dollar, In other words what is the thing you are most proud to show of.
I have my dad's 22 rifle he bought with his first paycheck. He bought the gun,box of amo a large bag of cashew's. He shot all the amo and ate all the cashews and got sick. It's a funny story coming from an 82 year old.
What have you got?
Garage full of RC planes
Bella female Boston, Nick male Great Dane Boxer mix.
two girls all grown up.
Wife of 26 years, without her all of the above would be just a dream.
fxstsharleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

I have a set of brass binoculars that belonged to my Opa and his father before him. They are pretty sweet.

I also have a camel skull that was picked up off the side of the road while I was stationed in Egypt. It was still attached to the freshly dead camel at the time. An e-tool was used to remove it from it's owner. Lot's of time in a heavy clorine solution and sun time to clean it. I’m probably the only one in town with a genuine gypo camel skull.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

I have a page from a first edition King James Bible that was printed on a Gutenburg (sp?) press, in England in the year 1611. In 4 years, it will be 400 years old. It predates the U.S. Constitution, in fact our whole country, by 165 years. William Tyndale was burned at the stake not too many years before the printing of the KJV, because the Anglican Church didn't want ordinary people to have there own Bibles, and Mr. Tyndale disagreed. Strongly. Churches back then would save up and buy one Bible, then carefully take the binding apart to form 66 seperate books. Then the seperate books would be shared among the church members so all could take one home to read. This is why so many single pages are around today but not too many intact Bibles.

It was a document that changed the world. All that is good in western culture can be traced back to it's publication. Our Constitution, laws and freedoms are founded there.

It is a cool thing to sit and stare at, when you realize what it is and what impact it has had, and how many lives that particular page may have touched.

Yeah, way cool!

Radio
Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Biker trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I have a page from a first edition King James Bible that was printed on a Gutenburg (sp?) press, in England in the year 1611. In 4 years, it will be 400 years old. It predates the U.S. Constitution, in fact our whole country, by 165 years. William Tyndale was burned at the stake not too many years before the printing of the KJV, because the Anglican Church didn't want ordinary people to have there own Bibles, and Mr. Tyndale disagreed. Strongly. Churches back then would save up and buy one Bible, then carefully take the binding apart to form 66 seperate books. Then the seperate books would be shared among the church members so all could take one home to read. This is why so many single pages are around today but not too many intact Bibles.

It was a document that changed the world. All that is good in western culture can be traced back to it's publication. Our Constitution, laws and freedoms are founded there.

It is a cool thing to sit and stare at, when you realize what it is and what impact it has had, and how many lives that particular page may have touched.

Yeah, way cool!

Radio
That is very cool.
Garage full of RC planes
Bella female Boston, Nick male Great Dane Boxer mix.
two girls all grown up.
Wife of 26 years, without her all of the above would be just a dream.
fxstsharleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I have two pieces of coal that were brought up from the wreck of the RMS Titanic.

Owning a piece of history is not only cool, it makes for great conversations.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #6

I have a brass corkscrew that was given to me by my grandfather 35years ago He got it from his dad many many years ago when he was a pre teen It is solid brass and is 2 peices that gome apart the corkscrew is pulled out and the top put back on It is shaped like an old beer bottle and has a very elaberate scribing of the Budweiser lable carved onto it the only other one i have ever seen was at the Bud Brewery in St Louis
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #7

Wow some interesting history....I have a pocket watch that belonged to Great Grandfather....if has my last name engraved on the cover and all the males it has been owned by in the cover. It will be passed down to my son when he graduates.....just like it was given to me.
rdnkjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Coincidently, I have a first edition King James Bible that would be priceless except for one page missing. Dammit.

Actually I have a few fairly cool things, I guess. One is a 1950s Voigtlander 35SLR camera with this incredible 32-82 zoom lens.... Dazzling clarity and fine german machining - such a great feel when you wind open the shutter. Another is a working Fairbanks Morse 3hp 'one-lunger' stationary engine.. these "hit & miss' were the first engines to replace horse-power in agriculture. My dad restored it and a dozen others before he died. Perfectly restored, with original paint & pinstriping, and the most ingenious machine I've ever seen.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #9

The wife has original documents and some early pictures(painted) and early photos from when her ancestors settled on Antelope island, in the Great Salt lake....
Also her grandfather passed down some materials/documents of when he worked on the Owyhee Irrigation dam, which, when built was the tallest in USA. its in south eastern Oregon. AWESOME crappie and panfishin

I also have original documents when my great grandfather came from France to the USA (Ellis island)
2005 Kawasaki 700 4x4 ATV
2002 Kawasaki 300 4x4 ATV
2008 Chinese 110CC kids atv

4 Great Kids......
and a wonderful wife of 12 yrs now.....
Could not ask for more
Young Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
75RANG.BATT.

Send a message via Yahoo to vkdrums
well i have the frist reissue ludwig fab 4 kit (the drums that ring star played with the beetles) got them from the namm show in 1994 the 4 pice kit grow up to 11 pices now and 20 cymbals.i thought it was cool lol.
vkdrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #11

My grandfather passed away on Jan. 20th. I have his golf clubs. He loved to play the game and was the reason I had taken it up when i was just a kid. I used to play with him when one of his regular friends couldnt make the weekly game.
You dont realize how much someone means to you until there not there anymore.
I miss him so much.
eandsphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #12

I have temporary possession of my Great Grandfather's carpentry tools. They will be passing on to my son, his namesake.
Bob and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #13

I have a set of first generation copies of color slides from one of the missions to the moon, all taken with a Hasselblad camera and Carl Zeiss lenses.

Never seen them full size, as I never had the correct projector. I'm thinking of having them digitized too.

My pride and joy.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:10 AM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have an entire set of Apollo Mission Patches. The ones worn by the crews. The company my parents worked for, Lion Brothers of Owings Mills MD, was the maker of the patches. My Dad and two of my uncles were the ones that made the originals. Their machines created a piano roll type pattern that then went to the factory and ran the big lumes. They were given back the Apollo 12 emblems from NASA after the completion of the mission as a thank you gift to each employee.
I also have a large Lionel Train Collection. Many were my dad's and others were given to me from other family members. Some date back to 1915 and run just as well as the day they were made.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:17 AM   #15
Jan Goldfield

I have a copy of the benchmark from solo climbing The Wall of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in 1973. Way cool.
I also have my g'grandfather's cooper tool chest. It's wood, handmade and is in the living room as a coffee table. Takes two of us to move.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #16

I have the deed to a beautiful ocean side property in arizonia i cant wait to see it bought it site unseen. I only seen it in pictures
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #17
Jan Goldfield

How could I forget my autographed photo of Sally Ride! Roger Mellott, a friend of mine, was the psychologist for the astronauts. He got it for me after I begged for it.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote