Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 AM   #11

When we were looking for our new TT we did not even entertain any that you could not get around the bed.

5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:28 AM   #12

Even WITH our walk around bed, getting the fitted sheet on at the head of the bed can be challenging because of the build-out for the outdoor storage. We have to slide the mattress off the foot of the bed, put the head 'corners' on , then slide it back into place, then do the bottom. We also modified some of the corner 'suspenders' to not do the corner, but to go from SIDE to SIDE straight across on the underside (I cut them and added elastic). Totally a pain in the tush to attach, but it keeps the fitted sheet snug to the mattress on the sides. So, when you turn you don't un-make the bed. Lastly, I sewed the flat sheet to the bottom edge of the fitted sheet (Like waterbed sheets are). This keeps my 6ft hubby's toes from totally popping out of the bottom edge on our SHORT Queen mattress.

hotzfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #13

My wife has yet to make the beds in our triple bunk but assume she will come to the same conclusion. But my boys love the cocoon feeling.

I'm getting myself mentally prepared for the tirade that will come soon enough..
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #14
Pokateps

We call 'em "climb over ya" beds. At our age and multiple night trips to the toilet we decided that those were not for us.
If it requires climbing over or down or around, it ain't for us.
pokateps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:35 AM   #15

Totally agree with you. I am a man and I make up the bed in our RV. Our previous motorhomes had walk-around beds and our 5th wheel has a walk-around. Looked at these types of corner beds and east/west beds and said no thanks. Also agree with you on the idiots (obviously non-RVers) who design these RVs. What were they thinking??? Obviously bachelors who partied a lot, ate in restaurants and slept at other peoples houses.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #16

Last time we changed our corner bed I said I'd be hiring someone to do it in a few years! LOL
Hoffwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzfamily View Post
Even WITH our walk around bed, getting the fitted sheet on at the head of the bed can be challenging because of the build-out for the outdoor storage. We have to slide the mattress off the foot of the bed, put the head 'corners' on , then slide it back into place, then do the bottom. We also modified some of the corner 'suspenders' to not do the corner, but to go from SIDE to SIDE straight across on the underside (I cut them and added elastic). Totally a pain in the tush to attach, but it keeps the fitted sheet snug to the mattress on the sides. So, when you turn you don't un-make the bed. Lastly, I sewed the flat sheet to the bottom edge of the fitted sheet (Like waterbed sheets are). This keeps my 6ft hubby's toes from totally popping out of the bottom edge on our SHORT Queen mattress.
I agree, even with a walk around is a real PITA to make the bed. I have no problem with the sheets coming off, but the bed sliding down while we sleep. The plan for that is to lay down some of that rubber stuff I have in the cabinets to keep thing from shifting.
008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights2018 The great adventure planned and will be rolling soon.

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #18

I totally agree; I dread changinging my corner sheets. I cut my hand on the window above the mattress the first time changing my sheets, it's such a tight squeeze, especially after adding a memory foam topper.I ONLY bought this model because I'm single. I never would have if I was still married. At my age, I'm too old to be climbing over someone, trapped in a claustrophobic corner.
Also agreed; men designers who can't design kitchen AND bathroom storage. Us women have ALOT more beauty products than men and need the extra space.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #19

Smile Corner beds

Love the Murphy bed in our mini lite . Yes, I can lower and lift it myself, and do and I am a woman. No bunks for this retired couple.
JHurtgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #20

When we ordered our new 5th wheel, we went with the standard queen bed instead of the optional king for that very reason...a little extra room on the sides for making the bed.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds