Old 05-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #1

Could barely believe what I was seeing…

We are camping at Kartchner Cavern State Park this weekend. Took the motorcycles out for a ride earlier today, and as we passed the dump station, some "maroon" was dumping without a hose! Sadly, there was a line of campers waiting their turns.
I've heard stories of people doing this, but figured they were urban legends. I wish I had the nerve to stop and call him out on his behavior, but I was behind another rider who later said he didn't notice, plus I'm a coward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #2

I have seen this too, never ever thought I would see someone do this, changes the way I approach it now

1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:17 PM   #3

Sadly.. it's not that terribly uncommon. At least they free dumped at a dump station. I've seen nimrods black dumping in BLM's and SF.. once even in a parking lot AS they were high tailing it out... popped the valve, high tailed it into their rig and made like a bat.

I wouldn't recommend a frontal confrontation, but I would certainly jot down a description and any license information and be sure to report it. Pictures go a long way.

And people wonder why some cities or municipalities pass laws prohibiting RV'rs from parking overnight... For shame.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
Sadly.. it's not that terribly uncommon. At least they free dumped at a dump station. I've seen nimrods black dumping in BLM's and SF.. once even in a parking lot AS they were high tailing it out... popped the valve, high tailed it into their rig and made like a bat.

I wouldn't recommend a frontal confrontation, but I would certainly jot down a description and any license information and be sure to report it. Pictures go a long way.

And people wonder why some cities or municipalities pass laws prohibiting RV'rs from parking overnight... For shame.
I was at Rasar State Park in Washington a couple years ago and saw the guy in front of me doing the same. I took several pics with my cellphone including his trailer license plate and provided the information to the local ranger. Its better to let the "Law" take care of it. The Ranger thanked me and said I did the right thing not getting involved.

2011 2902ss Rockwood Ultralight
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel (255 hp @ 2900 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 1,400-2,800 rpm)
3P ProPride Hitch
RV Mods
Wandering RV Life
WestCoastRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:49 PM   #5

There are totally inconsiderate arses in all walks of life........... Most RVers I've met have been totally awesome folks. The are what keeps me coming to campgrounds and state parks. And then... every once in a while... Dumping without a hose... that's just WRONG!!!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:04 PM   #6

Gross, and not long ago someone stole our dump hose from our TT which is also gross. I had to go to Wally World and get a new hose so we could dump our tank.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:05 AM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastRV'er View Post
I was at Rasar State Park in Washington a couple years ago and saw the guy in front of me doing the same. I took several pics with my cellphone including his trailer license plate and provided the information to the local ranger. Its better to let the "Law" take care of it. The Ranger thanked me and said I did the right thing not getting involved.

The couple of times people were dumping garbage on our residential street, that's exactly what we did. Grabbed the camera, took pictures, and called the cops. People are too nutty to confront.

For the OP- any chance it was a rental RV and they just didn't know better?
Old 05-25-2015, 05:13 AM   #8

I have noticed several (New , Dumb , Rental , Could Care Less) People just (Shove,Push,Stuff, their Sewer Hose in the (FHU Pipe) at the Site! That is NASTY! and there is NO Seal as well! Youroo!!
Old 05-25-2015, 12:54 PM   #9

I have noticed that when you buy from a dealer they use to give you a cheap hose and chemicals for your black tank , but not seeing this any more . Also I have noticed that during the delivery they just show you where the discharge is and where to pull the valve, or are they that damn stupid to know or even care .
Old 05-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #10
7 Year Class A RV'er

Better one: I recently watched an elderly couple with a small TT dump at their site, all connected and properly, then run their drinking water hose through the dump hose to wash it out. Yum! 😬

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote