Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #1

Cover and placement.

My Grey Wolf 26bh is winterized.Right now it's in my backyard on concrete blocks.Should I put it on my concrete driveway for winter?Im afraid the blocks will crack and break.Also, should I cover the entire camper for winter or just cover the A/C?
Grey9712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #2

Never stored ours on blocks, but we have covered it and to me it was well worth it. Plus most covers by ADCO come with air conditioner and ladder top covers, so you put those on first before you cover the entire unit. One thing we learned the hard way if you have gutters with down spouts, make sure you cushion that area when you put the cover on. Otherwise during the winter the wind will cause the downspouts to wear out cover and cause holes. We wrap the down spouts with bubble wrap now
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #3

down spouts

I've also heard of people cutting an X in tennis balls and using that tho slip over the spouts. That's what we are going to try.
dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote