Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #1

covers

Should I buy a cover for my trailer it does set outside and we get some bad weather. I see lot with and with out
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #2

Curious as well.
Any problems with mildew under the cover?
Dirtydodge03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #3

I have always covered my trailers. I mainly cover it during long periods of non use such as the winter months and if there is a gap of a month and half or so between trips. I also have wheel covers, a/c cover, and awning covers for when I do not use the full cover. The sun does a lot of damage to plastic parts and decals. It is well worth it and my trailers looked like new for years. I have never had mildew issues.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #4

I have covered my Outback for 3 plus years now for over the winter without any problems with mildew or excess condensation. The cover is starting to show it's age now but the price is right and the fastening system is better than the Adco but for 1/2 the price.
Here is a link:
Item
I will be ordering one for the new to me 2011 Coachman Express 295RLDS (should pick it up tomorrow) in a few days.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #5

they make a special cover for all trailer but they cost
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I have covered my Outback for 3 plus years now for over the winter without any problems with mildew or excess condensation. The cover is starting to show it's age now but the price is right and the fastening system is better than the Adco but for 1/2 the price.
Here is a link:
Item
I will be ordering one for the new to me 2011 Coachman Express 295RLDS (should pick it up tomorrow) in a few days.
crunchman
I looked at that cover before I bought my ADCO, but based on the poor reviews of the Camco cover I bought the ADCO. Glad to here yours is holding up. Honestly though, I think if you were to comapre them side by side they'd both probably be close to each other in construction.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill flick View Post
they make a special cover for all trailer but they cost
Custom covers are very expensive. I went with the size Adco recommended and I probably could have gotten away with one size smaller.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post
I looked at that cover before I bought my ADCO, but based on the poor reviews of the Camco cover I bought the ADCO. Glad to here yours is holding up. Honestly though, I think if you were to comapre them side by side they'd both probably be close to each other in construction.
How is the Adco holding up?
I bought the camco based on the 2 for 1 one on price, but if the camco last twice as long?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
How is the Adco holding up?
I bought the camco based on the 2 for 1 one on price, but if the camco last twice as long?
I've only had it maybe 5 months. It did wear through (dime size) at the corner of the step. I completely missed covering that sharp corner when I first put it on. I also got a small tear (golf ball size) when I was installing it last time. There is a gutter above the slide and it caught on the corner and ripped. Thankfully it comes with repair material and it's easy to patch.

I paid $328 through Camping World for the 28'-31' version.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #10

My ADCO is holding up well, also found some minor holes from sharp objects over the last 2 years. I use cut up tennis balls for the gutter extensions and that solved those. The corner of the steps wore through mine too, I will fix it this spring. Otherwise it's holding up good, keeps the majority of garbage off the camper through winter. I'm also parked very close to trees so that was a big factor in a cover. Once it's off that's it until its winterized.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
MI Camperz

We use a cover for winter storage. If you decide to go with one, buy one designed for RVs. They are breathable. Never ever use a tarp. They are not breathable and mold and mildew could set up. We got ours online at Walmart. Less expensive. I used it two years so far and probably a third coming up. You do have to cushion sharp edges or tears will occur.
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote