Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #1

Question Cracked ‘fridge???

Had the trailer out last weekend, and at one point I happened to notice a crack in the interior wall. It runs mostly horizontal, and underneath the decal for temp adjustment, on the right side (latch/handle side). I think it was maybe 3-4 inches long.

I hadn’t noticed it ever before…

Now that the fridge is not in use, and back to ambient temp (~80 F), I cannot see the crack. Makes sense, and is probably the reason why I had never noticed it.

Think I need to be concerned about this?
Any suggestions for repair?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #2

Not sure. I would think that it is probably nothing major as the interior wall is mainly just a plastic barrier. As long as no water/moisture gets back there then maybe it would be ok (don't go spraying it out with your water hose in there). However I am by no means an expert. Silicone won't stick to the plastic on the wall very well and the temperature changes would not help at all with that. Duct tape might work better then silicone but the wife might not like it.

Under warranty still? Probably not. I'm guessing just roll with it.

Anyone else??
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #3

Sounds like something bounced around in there as you went down the road (cans of beer?) I'd check and see if a replacement liner is available (wait too many years and it won't be available). If its too expensive - I remove liner and cut a thin (1/16") piece of aluminum plate for either side - apply liquid nails and put aluminum pop rivets thru it and reinstall it. If you do nothing moisture may leak into the trailer walls and surely the crack will get bigger. Wonder if PVC cleaner and glue would work on it? That stuff really works on PVC pipe.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:58 PM   #4

I don’t think anything hit the wall since this trailer has been in my ownership, especially cans of beer.
I guess anything is possible…

Cans of beer in the fridge?
I guess your idea of camping is a little different from mine!
I keep all of my beer in a well iced cooler, which moves from truck/trailer to a spot close to where I set up my folding chair!
Beer in the fridge… I’d probably wear out myself and the trailer doors, with frequent trips to fetch a cold one!

Btw - last weekend's trip it almost looked like the crack has grown, but I didn’t think to actually measure it.
Probably need to call the dealer and also start looking into a replacement liner, or other repair.
Studying the fridge it really doesn’t look like replacing that liner is going to be too quick of a project...
Old 06-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn_308 View Post
Studying the fridge it really doesn’t look like replacing that liner is going to be too quick of a project...
I don't doubt that. I looked at mine and it looks like it would be a PITA to do.

Let us know what you do!

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote