Old 11-15-2015, 09:37 AM   #11
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Not any more. Craigslist hides the email addresses on responses now.

I list my cell # and use CL's email functionality. I've sold things both ways.
Maybe im doing it wrong. I use my phone for doing most stuff. The past, if i was selling something, a buyer could email and my address wasn't seen by them, but i had the buyers address visable to me. And if i responded back thru my email then they would have gotten my email address.
Im not terribly concerned about it since i dont really have any contacts and most of my email isnt real sensitive or important.....lol

Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Maybe im doing it wrong. I use my phone for doing most stuff. The past, if i was selling something, a buyer could email and my address wasn't seen by them, but i had the buyers address visable to me. And if i responded back thru my email then they would have gotten my email address.
Im not terribly concerned about it since i dont really have any contacts and most of my email isnt real sensitive or important.....lol

Craigslist now sends the email from a craigslist address, so if you reply it goes to that and they forward the email to the person. In that forwarded email, your address is a craigslist address. So they reply and it goes to CL and is forwarded to you. And so on.

All of the stuff that I did with getting the house emptied out went this way. You did have to choose some "anonymous email" button on the craigslist posting screens. But, it worked well.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:13 AM   #13

I hadn't used CL for a while and just listed a Valentine One on there now. Can't believe the scammers out there Not one legitimate call yet. All want my email or phone # or home address. Not happening! I think I do like the idea of meeting in the police dept. parking lot, though. Might try that if I get a legitimate buyer.

Rich
Old 11-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #14

I buy and sell on CL frequently. I never provide my email address; only allow texts or phonecalls. When selling I never provide my address until I've vetted the buyer with a couple of calls. I've backed out of a few sales when my BS meter peaked. Think my next big cash deal will be in a public place.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #15

I've used the Canadian version to try and sell some vehicles and my last trailer.

All I got was people from California calling, wanting to " help sell my vehicle".

Usually just hang up, but one guy was quite persistent.
Ended up having to block the number!!

2015 RAM 3500 CCSB CUMMINS
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 11-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #16
cogito ergo moo

Despite putting a notice on my ads that I only will deal face-to-face, and for cash only, I still get bombarded with calls/texts. Lately some RV Broker in California has called me like 10 times saying they have multiple buyers interested in my unit. I told them send them my way, but they said "we don't work like that" and started spouting crap about "escrow this" and "retainer that". After being polite too many times and asking them to stop the calls and texts, the only way to stop them was to cuss them out using the vast breadth and depth of my reservoir of profanity. (FYI, I was taught profanity by the master, and can even invoke some Russian if need be...)

I have since started including this language in my craiglist ads. I'm actually hoping someone will violate this, I am anxious to see if I can make it stick.

Quote:
ATTENTION! I DO NOT DESIRE ANY HELP SELLING THIS ITEM! ALL CALLS, EMAILS OR TEXTS BY ANY COMMERCIAL ENTITY WITH AN OFFER HELP IN SELLING THIS ITEM ARE UNWELCOME. ANY BROKERAGE OR OTHER COMMERCIAL ENTITY CALLING ABOUT THIS ITEM WILL BE CHARGED $500.00 PER CALL. BY PLACING A CALL EITHER PERSONALLY, OR AUTOMATICALLY, YOU AGREE TO THIS CONDITION AND FURTHERMORE AGREE TO PAY ALL CHARGES WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE CALL.

Listen up Sucker! This is a LEGALLY BINDING contract, so if you are a broker or other commercial entity and call me, I will get in your pockets. Go ahead and try me.
Tim

Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote