Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 PM   #1

Craziest RV story you have.

As the title says, what's your craziest story?

Several years ago I was sitting in stopped traffic where they had closed a bridge to life flight someone out. I was sitting in my truck, TT in tow, hat down sleeping. Wife was similar, daughter was watching a movie. I get tapped on the shoulder, scared the bejesus out of me. There's this late teenage boy standing there looking fairly distressed. He's wearing a baseball uniform, his teammates are behind him laughing up a storm.

"Please mister, can I use your bathroom?"

Huh? This kids punking me. I just look at him and ask him to repeat himself.

"Can I please use your bathroom? Your trailer, it has one right?"

I notice this poor kid is doing that uncomfortable really gotta go dance. But his team put him up to this, has to.

Me-"There's trees and bushes all along here, go pee there, you're a guy, we all know you're yard trained."

Him-"Please, I really gotta go, I've really gotta poop."

Me-"Uh huh, your buddies there put you up to this." I start to pull my hat back over my eyes when I heard it, his guts made the worst gaaaaaarrrrruuuuuunnnnnnkkkkkkk noise imaginable.

He's nearly in tears and not kidding. Dang. I hop out, walk this kid around to the door, open it up and show him the toilet. He goes in, I go to the water pump switch and let's just say he wasn't kidding. I walk out telling him to leave it better than he found it then go talk with the wife. He comes out a few minutes later, left no mess but his buddies are still giving him hell to this day I'm sure.

In 12 years that's the strangest thing I've had happen. A kid blindly walked up and begged to use my toilet. In traffic. With his buddies wearing him out. What a scene.

So what's your strangest off the wall story? We've all had the typical mistakes stories, but outside of that whatcha got?

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
Plain Old Member

I'd have had a hard time with that one. You will be rewarded one day for that good deed. Now, I've been like that kid before, and had to MAKE a shoulder on the road and thank the toilet angels for being 40' behind me, but never had anybody else ask. Hard to top that story. I'm trying to think of all our stories, but that ones hard to top.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post

Several years ago I was sitting in stopped traffic where they had closed a bridge to life flight someone out. I was sitting in my truck, TT in tow, hat down sleeping. Wife was similar, daughter was watching a movie. I get tapped on the shoulder, scared the bejesus out of me. There's this late teenage boy standing there looking fairly distressed. He's wearing a baseball uniform, his teammates are behind him laughing up a storm.

I notice this poor kid is doing that uncomfortable really gotta go dance. But his team put him up to this, has to.

Me-"There's trees and bushes all along here, go pee there, you're a guy, we all know you're yard trained."

Me-"Uh huh, your buddies there put you up to this." I start to pull my hat back over my eyes when I heard it, his guts made the worst gaaaaaarrrrruuuuuunnnnnnkkkkkkk noise imaginable.

He's nearly in tears and not kidding. Dang. I hop out, walk this kid around to the door, open it up and show him the toilet. He goes in, I go to the water pump switch and let's just say he wasn't kidding. I walk out telling him to leave it better than he found it then go talk with the wife. He comes out a few minutes later, left no mess but his buddies are still giving him hell to this day I'm sure.

In 12 years that's the strangest thing I've had happen. A kid blindly walked up and begged to use my toilet. In traffic. With his buddies wearing him out. What a scene.

So what's your strangest off the wall story? We've all had the typical mistakes stories, but outside of that whatcha got?
There is a scene in Two weeks notice where Sandra bullock is stuck in traffic with her boss, has to go really bad. He whisks her to a MH ahead of them where she then has massive explosions in their bathroom. Of course traffic begins to move and now their car gets towed and she gets flown out by his helicopter. Your story reminds me of this scene. And yes I think I would have helped the kid out too but then again I work in GI so I know when people gotta go, they gotta go.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #4

I completely thought it was a joke until I openly heard his guts rumble. I couldn't imagine how hard it was for him to ask too.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 AM   #5

I passed a guy towing a 5er at 120 km/hr (70 mph), he was cutting off an exit ramp and when I looked over.......he was eating a bowl of soup as he was driving!

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #6

Don't ever set a pizza box under the camper and go for a walk..... Skunks like pizza.......it was terrible...
credille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by credille View Post
Don't ever set a pizza box under the camper and go for a walk..... Skunks like pizza.......it was terrible...
Oh wow, we might have a winner there.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
Always Learning

I've got a few zany stories... some require physical camp fires to be told.

One involved one of our visits from the ranger. Fortunately, it wasn't due to our noise. Unfortunately, it was due to our "theft of services". We had 4 or 5 camp sites registered among our group. One of the ones without electricity had their tent got wet inside, so we ran an extension cord across the street to that site to run a space heater for a bit to try and dry things out. The camp host saw it and did what they were supposed to- alert the rangers. We never thought of it as theft since we were all part of the group. Didn't mind being reprimanded, but Ricky Ranger was a little gusto with it until he was 1-on-1 with the guy whose site it was. Guess having 15 of us or so around a campfire was a little intimidating and he had to show he was in charge...
Old 04-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
I owe it all to bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post

On behalf of those of us that suffer with intestinal disorders...THANK YOU! That is one of the worst possible predicaments a person can be in.
Eklc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #10

First time out in the tent trailer and the wind was blowing pretty good. I made some heated up some wieners and the empty bag flew out of my hand. I looked everywhere but no bag. Later that night I hear something under the trailer. I look out and I can just see a skunk working on the bag. I told my wife and son to keep quite and the skunk should figure out there was nothing to eat.

Man that thing was persistent. I think it liked wieners more than me. It finally left and I went out to pick up the bag before we had a revisit and someone had to go outside use the washroom .

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote