Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #11

I am a dog guy...got a big one. ..and he does not run around freely...not because I dont trust him, rather I just dont want any issues with someone who is scared....they dont know my dog and if they have kids I dont blame em!!...with that said, i dont like others dogs loose....its an invitation for a potential provoction be it with my properly restrained dog, my child, or my self....ive had had otherwise nice dogs pee/poop on my site, and once a dog who would "never harm a fly" growl at my son over a hotdog on a picnic table. ..a situation which nearly ended badly as my large protective dog snatched up the smaller pooch and tossed him by the neck about 10ft in the air.....the owners jaws hit the floor...they didnt know their dog could be aggressive and in the blink of an eye was nearly gone. .. (my dog was on a leash and I had it resting on my hitch ball which prevented him from further eating the smaller dog.)......

I will say that was a VERY isolated instance and normally we have zero issues...my dog was raised as a therapy dog but he is still a dog.

The crazy lady should have been slapped....some people have no clue in life....

In the end I say just follow the "do onto others" rule....I dont want their dogs roaming my site or able to run up to my kids....so I dont allow mine to either....

Just my .025 cents

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtelkman View Post
SKnight, it is my understanding that OldCoot doesn't like the sound of those diesels much. Is it possible you ran into him at that campground and didn't realize who it was? ....... snicker... rofl .....
Now that you mention it!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbritt18 View Post
This is what our great country has turned into everyone thinking that they the right to tell you what to do.
I can relate. Here is you another crazy person story, that you can laugh at because it didn't happen to you. It was moi having to deal with her.

I had a customer do one I have never had happen before. She came to buy a tire from us that we didn't have. I told her I could have it by the next day and gave her a price.

She couldn't wait and went to another tire store to buy a tire. She then came back to me and wanted me to refund her the difference in money from what the other tire place charged her and what I "would" have sold her the tire for................since their tire was higher.

Yes, you read that correct. She bought a tire elsewhere, and then wanted me to give her money back since she "could" have bought it cheaper from me...but didn't. Her logic was, I caused her to spend more money by not having the tire in stock, so I needed to refund her the difference.

I thought she was kidding at first, but she got very ugly (cursing) with me...and was serious.

Now, do you feel better about your experience at the campground? .

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:35 PM   #14

Ha...had a customer throw a huge fit because I would not match an internet price (although I said I would INCLUDING the shipping he would have paid)....he left and threw a drink cup at the window....a few weeks later same customer called trying to be slick and asking if we had x product...I told him sure do, then he said he would only pay x price and wanted to pay over the phone so there would be no issue when he picked up.....I said fine....he paid ....and when he got to shop our IN STORE price was .99cents CHEAPER than his x price he made us price match....lol...I told him he could have store credit....no cash refunds.... :-)...

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
Site Team

I understand the price matching logic, but I was the cheapest price and she wanted me to give her the difference between my cheaper price "quote" and the higher price she actually "paid" someone else.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
Site Team

It's the crazy people in that world that make us xenophobes.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #17
Plain Old Member

I've only had a couple of dealings with people in campgrounds. One more recently with the KOA guy "helping" me back in. I politely told him it'd be better if he just let me back my own rig in. Wasn't long after that I had the campground manager asking me to move my satelite dish as the cable was a trip hazard (never mind all the other trip hazards from the surrounding campers), then my truck was in the way etc. Goes with the territory of where we were at, so I won't mention the area.

I've always gone by, don't bother me and I won't bother you. If you bother me, like that lady did, get ready for a fun weekend, as I love practical jokes and pranks.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #18
NELA

The lady says I am a retired clinical social worker and I have the skills to tell people how to raise their kids.

THIS is the point at which I'd have gone full blown WEEZER on her arse. Then I'd have called the cops on her for disturbing the peace and verbally assaulting my children.

Take *that* wench!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #19
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I don't guess she told you if she happened to have a daughter about 30 years old and driving a Dodge Charger, did she? I could tell you a crazy story that happened at our shop last week.
HAHHAHAHAHAH!

I've HEARD this story.

YEP, crazy lady for sure!

:roflb lack:

Old 03-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #20
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post

My response was a result of 300 miles worth of traveling.

Well, who the f$&k are you to come to my site, criticizing my backing and tell me how bad a neighbor I am? Where is the host, lets go now.

He practically fell over his feet leaving my area, I saw the host the next day and asked if I had been reported. Nope, but that guy had reported half the CG for various things but all the same reason, it upset his wife whom nobody saw it turns out. Guy was two site over and didn't look me in the eye once even when I tried to apologize for my language.
OMG, if DH wasn't sittin' right here by me on his lunch break I'd have sworn *he* posted this!

Some people just bring out the New Yorker in him.

Tags
camping