Old 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #11

Get a cat

Old 07-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #12

I have an Owl too. It's solar powered and the head rotates back and forth. You have to move it around so the birds and rodents don't figure it out. The neighborhood kids think it's a surveillance camera. I didn't tell them any different. keeps em honest.

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #13

Just FYI, I have seen a crow flying away with a garden snake out of the dunes before...
Old 07-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #14

I don't know about the owl....but I put up a hawk from Ace and it has worked great for the past 2 years......GL

Old 07-28-2015, 10:44 AM   #15

We have trouble with Crackles nesting in our Pines in the spring,,, then when it comes time to clean the nest they use our asphalt driveway as a target,,, some times there is sooooo much bird crap on the driveway you have trouble finding a place to walk !!!
Tried the Fake Owl,,, did not work,,, may have not gotten it out early enough,,, so went the pellet riffle,,, they did not like it,,, but they keep coming back !!!
May go with a 4/10 next spring !!!
Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We have trouble with Crackles nesting in our Pines in the spring,,, then when it comes time to clean the nest they use our asphalt driveway as a target,,, some times there is sooooo much bird crap on the driveway you have trouble finding a place to walk !!!
Tried the Fake Owl,,, did not work,,, may have not gotten it out early enough,,, so went the pellet riffle,,, they did not like it,,, but they keep coming back !!!
May go with a 4/10 next spring !!!

Just go 20 gauge. .410 ammo is very expensive.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #17

depending on the state you in some protect them or have a season. here in Michigan there is a season, BUT you can shot them if they are damaging property out of season. So check it out. If you can shoot them if you can shoot one, put a string on his leg tie that to a stick flying close by, crows are smart and will stay clear for a while.
We used to do this at our corn cribs back in the day. course that was food!! it would keep them away for a week or to. then all you got to do is shoot the gun off and they get the idea real fast, as long as their friend is flying at half mast.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Carol View Post
depending on the state you in some protect them or have a season. here in Michigan there is a season, BUT you can shot them if they are damaging property out of season. So check it out. If you can shoot them if you can shoot one, put a string on his leg tie that to a stick flying close by, crows are smart and will stay clear for a while.
We used to do this at our corn cribs back in the day. course that was food!! it would keep them away for a week or to. then all you got to do is shoot the gun off and they get the idea real fast, as long as their friend is flying at half mast.

Something back in Arkansas. Monday is a no killing day on crows because of it being the Mexico national bird. Could have been told a lie but was told that was agreement between Ducks Unlimited and Mexico about migration.

Not sure about the smell in the campground. Do know if you can cripple the first one the others will attack it. If you kill the first one the hunt is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Just go 20 gauge. .410 ammo is very expensive.
I was not sure they still made .410,,, I have neighbors so I would have to be very carful !!! I am also not real sure we are talking about the same birds,,, our problem in with Crackles,,, but many of us call them Crows ???

I do not mind there being birds around,,, we feed many different ones,,,
Just when they start to clean there nest it is a freaking Mess !!!

I know what ever I do I must start Early Spring !!!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
I was not sure they still made .410,,, I have neighbors so I would have to be very carful !!! I am also not real sure we are talking about the same birds,,, our problem in with Crackles,,, but many of us call them Crows ???

I do not mind there being birds around,,, we feed many different ones,,,
Just when they start to clean there nest it is a freaking Mess !!!

I know what ever I do I must start Early Spring !!!
I think that you are talking about (Grackles)? They are large black birds that travel in large flocks! Youroo!!

Tags
roo, roof