Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #1

Crunch in the dealer's lot today

Went in today to pick up our TT after getting the last of some warranty work done. While standing in the lot with the service guy, some customer comes racing into the lot towing a pop-up behind an SUV. He did a fast 180 turn around a trailer sitting there, dust flying, and wacked the corner of it with his tent trailer a few feet from us. Ouch! What a mo*on.

Tent trailer - hardly any damage.
Travel trailer - whacked the corner bad enough to damage the siding and probably the wall framing. Maybe $1 - $3K damage I am guessing to fix it right. If it were me, I'd want my money back.

Man, the trailer owner (about 30'+ TT) is going to be p*ssed. It is apparently a brand new unit the new owner hasn't even used yet. I wonder how this will work out for the damaged trailer??

Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Went in today to pick up our TT after getting the last of some warranty work done. While standing in the lot with the service guy, some customer comes racing into the lot towing a pop-up behind an SUV. He did a fast 180 turn around a trailer sitting there, dust flying, and wacked the corner of it with his tent trailer a few feet from us. Ouch! What a mo*on.

Tent trailer - hardly any damage.
Travel trailer - whacked the corner bad enough to damage the siding and probably the wall framing. Maybe $1 - $3K damage I am guessing to fix it right. If it were me, I'd want my money back.

Man, the trailer owner (about 30'+) is going to be p*ssed. It is apparently a brand new unit the new owner hasn't even used yet. I wonder how this will work out for the damaged trailer??
I D HAVE BEEN TAKING PICTURES!
OR better yet video!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3

I'd be p*ssed if it were my TT too. I bet the owner of the TT would've loved it if you had a video.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My first TT was in for service when it was damaged on the slide by tech moving it and clipped a motorhome. It was a nightmare getting it fixed. Involved lawyers, replacing the entire side, 2x, and it still did not match the other side.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
My first TT was in for service when it was damaged on the slide by tech moving it and clipped a motorhome. It was a nightmare getting it fixed. Involved lawyers, replacing the entire side, 2x, and it still did not match the other side.
How do you know it didnt match ?
You can only see one side at a time !
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

That's why I let it slide after a hefty payment. It was very close but not the same. First time they installed the metal upside down! Lol