Old 11-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
(Kim)

I live in an old neighbourhood and one of the positive things about this is that our street has many mature trees, which in turn = lots of leaves!
We always make as big a pile as possible, sometimes even 'borrowing' some of the neighbours leaves to acheive this.
By the time winter comes and the leaves are all gone my lawn will look like a UFO has landed on it because there will be a big yellow circle of 'unhappy grass' right in the middle of it; but we still do it anyways

This year I have noticed that the leaves have stayed on the trees longer than usual, has anyone else noticed this also?

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
Remember burning leaves? That was a great smell, wasn't it? Most townships prohibit it anymore, but that was one of those "good things" from childhood...I miss that.
One of my favorite smells growing up was when I helped my grandfather rake and burn the oak tree leaves in the fall.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
I live in an old neighbourhood and one of the positive things about this is that our street has many mature trees, which in turn = lots of leaves!
We always make as big a pile as possible, sometimes even 'borrowing' some of the neighbours leaves to acheive this.
By the time winter comes and the leaves are all gone my lawn will look like a UFO has landed on it because there will be a big yellow circle of 'unhappy grass' right in the middle of it; but we still do it anyways

This year I have noticed that the leaves have stayed on the trees longer than usual, has anyone else noticed this also?

There are quite a few trees here in Nova Scotia that still have green leaves on them. It is the end of the first week in Nov and I have never seen them this green so late in the year.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #14

The picture I posted in post #2 was taken at this time last year.

Right now the leaves are turning and the foliage here in central Oklahoma is looking really nice, but there is still quite a bit of green left.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote