Old 06-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #1

Day/Night Shades

I am curious, we just purchased a 2014 SP296 Surveyor Sport camper, and at the time of ordering we loved the day/night shades. We were supposed to have them, but when we picked up the RV, the dealer told us Forest River discontinued them. Can anyone comment on that? Thank you

Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
MI Camperz

I'm unaware, but curious to know what you received instead.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #3

day night shades

just returned from our first outing in our new 8315bss rockwood. the day night shades are very touchy. the first time the wife tried to raise the front shade the screw pulled out of the wall. if you have them, be very carefull when raising and lowering them. other issues that croped up not related to the shades were, the front door dead bolt jammed using the key but opperates fine manually. also the striker on the range broke off the first time it was used. the striker stem should be made of metal, not plastic!

2fires
Old 06-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

Day/Night Shades

We just received shades that pull down, no day/night. I was told Forest River discontinued them, when we picked up the camper.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #5

Copied and pasted from the back of FR brochure:

'Forest River, Inc. reserves the right to make changes in prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications at anytime, without notice, and assumes no responsibility for any error in this literature.'
Old 06-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #6

After 2 years of day night shades we switched to 2" aluminum blinds and love them. The shades just did not work for us too problematic.

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #7

Day/Night Shades

I understand that Forest River can make changes for any reason, but he Day/Night shades were an option not standard equipment. I would think that options would have dropped some cost? make sense?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #8

Day/Night Shades

The reason I am questioning whether or not they are obsolete, is the same person at the dealership as we were picking it up told us that the SP296 is not available with the power front tongue jack, an there was one behind us as he said it. Just trying to confirm what it available.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
MI Camperz

It makes sense that if you paid extra for an option that didn't show up, that you should be refunded that money. It's equivalent to paying for A/C and getting only a fan.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

NamtraG - unfortunately, you'll need to contact Surveyor directly to find out. See if you can find a contact on the website or something. This forum isn't actually affiliated with the factory.

But, I will say - if you paid extra for an option that you ordered and it didn't come with it, I'd say you're due a refund!