Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #31
Since an RV is a luxury item much like a boat or dirt bike you have the power. I would tell them exactly what I was willing to pay and call it a day. I bet you there is a dealership out there that has what you want and really needs a sale right now. I dont buy into the spin the gov is putting out about the economy getting better, alot of people are still hurting out there and I would think a dealership that sells luxury items to people who are using thier disposable income is still pretty flighty about the rug on the economy beign pulled out from under thier feet.

I got a price from RVW and then proceeded to call every Rockwood / Flagstaff dealer within the 500 mile radius that they were away from me. After I called several dealerships and told them what I was willing to pay (the quoted RVW price) I figured out that none of them wanted to sell a camper.

I went with RVW and they got my local dealer into thier warranty network so that all worked out for me even better, I saved a boat load of money and if I need work done I can take my TT down the road 20 mins and get it fixed. That dealer dosn't even sell Rockwoods but RVW was able to get them into there program just at my request.

You have the power not them, your dealer needs you not the other way around. I think people see what they want then they get alittle to giddy about buying said RV. That is fine just dont let them see that side of you. It's purley a buisness deal nothing more.

2013 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2004 F-150 4.6 Liter 4x2 Factory Tow Package
2012 - 21 Nights Camped
2013 - 21 Nights Camped
wolfpack21643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #32
OP, remember, the art of negotiation is to know when you have the opposite party's back against the wall and he/they can go no further. The last two cars I bought, the dealer turned down my offer to them. These were pie in the sky offers that I sorta knew would be denied. But, both times I had counter offers ready, showing a willingness to be reasonable, based on as much information I could gather on the their costs and value of my trade. Both times my counter offer was accepted. On my Georgetown, the dealer and I were 18K apart. I came up 2k they came down 16K and we had a deal. Remember, the salesman if not a friend! That is why dealers, campground memberships, time shares etc. always come in at the time to go for the kill disguised as "the finance person". They don't care jack squat about you, your family or your dog. YOU have to have that same toughness. Yep its hard, especially if you are a generally easy going guy. Good Luck Again.

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote