Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #61
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
yep
Could you work a ratchet strap from the stairway/hall? I would sure be trying to find some way to pull it in from inside just in case the motor shoots craps.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Could you work a ratchet strap from the stairway/hall? I would sure be trying to find some way to pull it in from inside just in case the motor shoots craps.

Unless the motors have 'released' their brakes (with power on, they have brakes), then something would be ripped apart. Even with that, these slides (mine are) very heavy and I think a ratchet would bind something up and again... rip something apart. These slide motor problems are not for old men and at least 3or4 young to mid age men to move when broken (and brake released). This is not one of Lipperts better ideas when they don't work. I have been told that these slide motors are on their 3rd generation of being updated because of all the issues from the first two generations styles.

Will the first two generation motors be replaced by a 'recall'......
Joke of the day.... Joke of the day.....

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #63
Mod free 5er

Understand the motors have to be released, but a center point could be found or a ratchet strap on each side. Might take a while to do it, but at least it could be retracted. I would sure look into modifying the motor mount bolt to where it would be accessible from inside so the ladder was not needed. Some how, some way, it can be made easier.

Tags
dealer, warranty