Old 10-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I wonder if there is a video to show us how to properly sit on and use an RV toilet?

However, there is a learning curve on how to properly flush an RV toilet...
One of many. https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...TF-8#kpvalbx=0

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #12
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
What I find difficult to understand, is why so many people accept poor PDIs/walkthroughs.

I find it shocking, that so many in the Information Age of the Internet, do little or no research in buying a RV.

Maybe I'm an exception, since I always research things before making any large purchase.
I know...

There are so many RV-haters websites and Facebook pages out there that it is unbelievable!

What is funny, though, is that most of the crybabies on them bloat about how they researched RV's to death before the purchase, then complain they knew nothing about PDI's...Camping World...build quality...warranty service issues...and any other thing they might come up with.

And then they find themselves on one of those sites, starting topic threads like "Anyone considered starting a class action lawsuit against XXX?"...or "I'll never buy from XXX brand or dealer ever again!"...or "I'll never buy another RV as long as I live!"...and on and on and so forth!

And when anyone tries to give any kind of positive feedback, it only makes matters worse and then get accused of being an "employee of XXX" or worse!

And then they will all pile on and fuel each others flames until there is so much hate that they all turn against each other as well!

If you don't believe me, do a FB search for 'The Camping World Experience' or 'Unhappy XXX RV Company Owners' pages, and don't forget the big bowl of popcorn and extra large drink!

There are several people who claim to be lawyers that are also fueling the flames against anything RV business related that hang out in those pages and poke everyone constantly to keep the fires burning!

I'm sorry, but in this day and age there is no excuse for anyone not to know about this kind of stuff...

But it is far easier to pass the buck and blame everyone else on this planet but themselves when they have problems, or when things didn't go the way they thought they should have gone.

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean YOU should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #13
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
That first line was supposed to be a joke...

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean YOU should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:18 PM   #14
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimla View Post
I agree with the past three threads, but mostly with Happy. I have had in the past a dealer just glad to see me out the gate. As an example I was as green as you can be to camping. bought a camper and didn't ask a thing and they didn't offer anything up. Down the road had a leak and called the insurance and they denied the claim due to maintenance. I didn't know. Fast forward to todays times. The last 3 campers I bought. The dealer tech went over everything with a fine tooth comb. without me asking to do so. I can say I know just about everything there is to know about the TT we have now. If the leveler fail, what to do. If the slides fail, what to do etc. I know there are bits and pieces everywhere of how two's. Just a thought, it would be nice on this FR forum, to have some one start a thread that could be froze, where folks could see it when they come into the forum. What I'm getting at is have thread that is a check list for folks to print out and take with them to the dealer when they do their

walkthrough.

There is a couple of checklists in the Library section of this forum.
New Trailer Owner PDI Version 2.6

PDI Checklist

By the way, tell me if I'm wrong a PDI is when the dealer does their Pre Delivery Inspection. A walkthrough is when the dealer and buyer do their final walkthrough before signing the paperwork.
That's the way it should be. The dealer needs to inspect the RV upon being delivered from the factory. If they find any major problems they will have time to send it back or repair/replace themselves.

But dealers see it as an inspection before they turn it over to the buyer. I am with you in the fact that most dealers are not delivering the RV to the buyer, rather the buyer is taking possession at the dealers lot.

The only time the dealer can really claim they delivere to the buyer is like in my case we examined the trailer at the dealer, ordered slide toppers and paid for the dealers setup crew to deliver it to our campsite, set it up and level it on cement blocks. The 2 delivery guys then went through the TT again and checked every thing out. After the on-site inspection they hooked up our trade-in and left.
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Operator/Technician, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #15

That's a good thread Scrapper. It would be nice if it was posted where you didn't have to mine for it. I didn't anything was on the forum site.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #16

On our first RV we got a decent walk through, however I don't think the guy knew any more about it than we did. Now on our second RV I already knew a great deal more than the first time so I focused on the things new to me. The dealer suggested we not travel too far out the first time just in case. I was way ahead of him and had already planned a couple of close by weekend trips for the shakedown. Fortunately nothing major went wrong just small annoying things that I am taking care of myself. Can the dealer do a better job....sure, but that's true of most everything.

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 AM   #17

I would like to chime in on the walk through. I have just purchased my 3rd TT, 2nd from a dealership. My first walk through was from Camping world in Greenwood In. It was terrific. The technician explained everything from how all systems worked, maintenance, and things to look out for. When I left, I felt very confident of my understanding of that camper. I did not expect that from a ďbig box storeĒ I just had my second walk through last Friday with our new Vibe 268rks. We purchased this from a smaller dealership but by no means small. I could not of been more disappointed of the walk through. I asked several questions that could not be answered. Luckily Iím not a newbie and will figure out most things myself. If I were a newbie and recieved that walk through, my wife and I would be in trouble. Nothing about winterizeing, maintenance, water heater access, water pump location, gas line hookup, manual slide operation, the list goes on and on. Maybe itís just the luck of the draw and we a tech that is not very thorough. I couldnít be happier with the camper and am looking forward to talking it out this Thursday for its maiden voyage!
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #18

Now....newbies aren't going to know some of these questions, but....when we bought our second TT, I asked about "Manual slide operation, water pump location, winterization kit, type of WH, furnace..etc..." BEFORE we purchased the TT.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #19

Walk through

I should of been more specific. I asked the questions about winterizeing, water heater bypass, water pump location, manual slide operation and the tech could not answer any of those questions. I expected my tech to be more knowledgeable. If you canít tell me where the water pump or water heater access is, you canít telk me if they have bypass valves installed.
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
I should of been more specific. I asked the questions about winterizeing, water heater bypass, water pump location, manual slide operation and the tech could not answer any of those questions. I expected my tech to be more knowledgeable. If you canít tell me where the water pump or water heater access is, you canít telk me if they have bypass valves installed.
When they couldn't answer those questions, I requested a tech come out and answer. Wife actually told the dealership owner...."If we can't get those questions answered...we're NOT BUYING !! Should've seen how fast they scrambled to find the answers.

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer