Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #1

deck for seasonal

This year we have decided to have a seasonal site. I am thinking of building (5) 8'x4' sections of decking at home to make a 6 sided deck of 8'x12' & 8'x8', then lag bolting the sections together for the season. Does anyone have any input? Thank you for your opinions

2011 Flagstaff 8528BHSS
2008 Toyota Tundra SR5
electromagn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #2

Just built a new deck at my seasonal. I built it in 8' x 10' sections. I used through bolts to join the sections together. Everything was screwed on instead of nailing. Hope to finish the gates this weekend.
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #3

The dw and I built a 2 legal deck on our camper at our seasonal site when we first moved to it building it while onsite made it a loc easyer as we could get everything built and put together using the camper as a guide turned out great we are only allowed to have only a 7 foot wide deck but we were able to make it 30 ft long upper legal is 20 ft long and is walk out legal with the door and the second is 10 inches lower we put steps at each end and built the railing out of round powdercoated aluminum bars and 1×2 lumber 6 inches above the deck look great with lots of room we have the grill and a table and chairs on the lower legal and a pair of chairs and a deckbox on the other also put a pair of awning leg clamps on the deck so that we can use the legs of the awning as the supports without them being in the way
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #4

IMHO it's a heck of alot easier building it onsite. That way you can make sure each piece's frame is level and square before putting on the deck boards. A couple years ago some new seasonal campers had a deck building party. It was a good way to meet fellow seasonal campers. A couple 6' subs, some suds, and a nice campfire rounded out the day. And the deck turned out great.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote