Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 04:16 PM   #1

Deeper sink?

We're disappointed with the shallow kitchen sink that came with our Leprechaun. It looks like there's room under there for a deeper sink. Has anyone replaced their stainless steel sink with a deeper one? If so, where did you purchase it?
TDLucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDLucas View Post
We're disappointed with the shallow kitchen sink that came with our Leprechaun. It looks like there's room under there for a deeper sink. Has anyone replaced their stainless steel sink with a deeper one? If so, where did you purchase it?
I have replaced sinks in the house. Usually, the biggest limitation on the replacement is the distance from front to back. Most kitchen counter materials need you to leave an inch or two at both front and back to have adequate structural integrity. You also need space to mount the sink clamps.

I haven't looked, but I doubt that RV sinks are done any differently than kitchen or bathroom sinks. A kitchen sink has a different size drain than a bathroom sink, and usually has a different pre-drilled faucet and spout configuration, but those are the only differences I could see. Measure to see what will fit, and then go visit your favorite store. I have bought sinks from Costco, Lowe's, and Home Depot.

You do have to makes sure the spacing of the plumbing fixtures matches the pre-drilled holes in your chosen sink.

hope this helps
Fred W
2014 Rockwoood A122 A-frame
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDLucas View Post
If you can find a sink that will set in your counter top, and will have clearance enough to hook up to your plumbing, you are in business. Just be sure to measure how much room you will have from the bottom of the sink, to the plumbing outlet. Most all kitchen sinks are drilled for 8 inch spread faucets, and the lavatory sinks are drilled for a 4 inch spread faucet. 1 1/2 inch drain on kitchen sink, and 1 1/4 inch on lavatory. Good luck!
I John 5:13
2007 Silverback 30LSTS
2006 F250 Super Duty Crew 6.0
Rollin Okie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink