Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #21

Walmart's, Just counted and there are eight within 20 miles and four within 10 miles. Unless they just built one I don't know about yet.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
People are pigs. Yes, businesses will withdraw their hospitality of it becomes problematic. Hopefully you did the right thing and rolled the cart over to a trash can or dumpster to reverse this bad behavior.
Why would it be the right thing to take care of someone else's trash? If I did that, I would never get out of the parking lot, the task would be never-ending. Why stop with the empty DEF jugs?
Old 04-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
The problem I have at most Walmart’s is you can shop and find most stuff cheap and then you can’t get out of the store unless you work for Walmart (check your own stuff out). Twenty lines and one or two open. I had rather go somewhere else and pay more for a checkout. I hate standing in line for a long time and I don’t work for Walmart
I prefer the self-checkouts; lets me avoid chatty cashiers.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #24
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I agree. are local walmart never has enough lanes open. I try to avoid walmart, but my wife insist on going then comes home and complains. I have a problem with corporations that make billions of dollars and pay there employees chump change.
Well said. Thank you. We also avoid WalMart as much as possible. I don't like how they treat small businesses that try to do business with them.

Back on topic. While I don't stay over night at their parking lots, I hope they don't band that option. We prefer Cabelas or Crackle Barrel for the occasional overnight stop.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

Some of you folks are kidding about 3 Walmarts in six miles? Heck we don't have 3 Walmarts in fifty miles.

Prolly in the south. We have 2 supers and 4-5 Neighborhood Walmart’s in a town of 80k.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Old 04-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #26

Personally, I like WalMart. Whose fault is it that they carry a lot of Chinese products? You want cheap prices, most of the time you're going to be buying imported goods. (Notice I said MOST of the time). Most of the jobs at WM are not highly skilled jobs. How much do you think WM SHOULD pay them? $25/hr? Then you can complain about high prices for imported products. Maybe it's me, but I would prefer a "chatty" cashier over a grumpy one. And I prefer to interact with a cashier rather than a machine. Our local WM is not a super WM, and not a very big one. BUT, I can get a lot of stuff there that I can't get anywhere else, locally anyway. AND, they have a very good selection of camping equipment.
Also, I agree that at least they put the containers in a cart. Seven DEF containers? Wouldn't that be a lot for anyone at one time? I don't know, I'm asking.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Old 04-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #27
Back On The Go

Shame on the individual who didn't properly dispose of the jugs; could have been a local customer who brought the empty ones back. Who knows? I personally respect Walmart for corporately allowing us to park as long as we are respectful of their properties. I usually spend $100 or so when parking and return multiple carts to their cart storage slots on the parking lot. Someone else doesn't like to stay there? Leaves more room for me. Thanks.

Not too serious about anything except what affects health and happiness.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #28
Site Team

This thread is being closed, as it is really just a vent thread, that is inviting other vents, some of which are against our friendly site guidelines. The site team just had to delete a few of these, and are not to continue to field complaints or monitor this vent thread, when there is nothing to be be gained or gleaned in solving any RV problems with it.

As per the friendly guidelines:

Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go

Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.

• General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness.

Posting standards: Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting or content will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread