Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #1

DEF jug trash left in buggy at Wal-Mart

The other day I was leaving my local Wal-Mart and when I went to stow my shopping buggy I noticed something. There was a cart with 7 empty DEF jugs in it parked in the cart corral. No packaging, just the jugs. I see various types of rigs overnight stay there most mornings as I end my school bus route so it could have been a diesel RV or a tractor trailer. But the area where this corral is located is on the opposite side of the lot from where the 18 wheelers usually park.
Doesn't matter really who did the deed, but it can result in this Wal-Mart shutting things down for overnight parking if it happens enough.
I truly hope not, but it was a real bummer to see that.

Just my 2 cents...

Chris in Salem / Roanoke Virginia

Old 04-20-2019, 05:23 PM   #2

DEF jug trash left in buggy at Wal-Mart

It wouldn’t bother me if Walmart shut the parking lot down for overnight parking all Walmart’s

Old 04-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

People are pigs. Yes, businesses will withdraw their hospitality of it becomes problematic. Hopefully you did the right thing and rolled the cart over to a trash can or dumpster to reverse this bad behavior.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #4

I try not to shop at any Walmart store, we have three with in 6 miles of my home. Why? Every time I go into a Walmart I feel like I need a shower when I get home. There is just something about a Walmart store that I do not like. In fact I will drive 2 miles out of my way and pay a little more for the same product just so, I do not have to go in one.

Our village has made it illegal to stay overnight in a Walmart parking lot. No trucks or RV's allow to park overnight.

I am sorry if this offends someone but this is my Feelings.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I try not to shop at any Walmart store, we have three with in 6 miles of my home. Why? Every time I go into a Walmart I feel like I need a shower when I get home. There is just something about a Walmart store that I do not like. In fact I will drive 2 miles out of my way and pay a little more for the same product just so, I do not have to go in one.

Our village has made it illegal to stay overnight in a Walmart parking lot. No trucks or RV's allow to park overnight.

I am sorry if this offends someone but this is my Feelings.
No worries, just says who you are and how you feel....
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
Old 04-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

Well, I for one love Walmart. The stores seem to be clean and well stocked, and usually best price. Depending on where you live may dictate if there is a skanky clientele. Three within 6 miles indicates you are in an urban area. Not even overcrowded NJ has that sort of density.

If your local ordinances outlaw overnight parking, it tells me there is an undesirable element in your neighborhood they want to keep "moving along", that is out and about during the day also.

Fortunately, the "people of Walmart" do not seem to live near or patronize my nice Walmarts. What is especially nice is Walmart caters to the RV crowd, both in their RV supplies and allowing the hospitality of RVers camping in their parking lots.

I'm sure there are non-RVers who regard our crowd as skanky trailer gypsies. And I'm sure there are some RVers who fit that profile. But for non-RVers to say, "those trailer people are so trashy" would be an unfair generalization.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 AM   #7

The problem I have at most Walmart’s is you can shop and find most stuff cheap and then you can’t get out of the store unless you work for Walmart (check your own stuff out). Twenty lines and one or two open. I had rather go somewhere else and pay more for a checkout. I hate standing in line for a long time and I don’t work for Walmart
Old 04-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #8

I agree. are local walmart never has enough lanes open. I try to avoid walmart, but my wife insist on going then comes home and complains. I have a problem with corporations that make billions of dollars and pay there employees chump change.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:23 AM   #9

I know two Wally's that people stop at, one is local and one is in Montana. The local one is always clean when the overnighters leave and Wally's has never had a problem with people staying there. The one in Montana looks a CG in the evening. I've seen probably up to 10 or more all in the one area and in the morning...it's usually spotless and you really couldn't tell anyone stayed there.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I have a problem with corporations that make billions of dollars and pay there employees chump change.
So do you think that a cashier working at Walmart should be highly paid because the company makes a lot of money? The folks who work at Walmart get paid for the job they perform. Yes, if it is typically a low paying job, they’ll get a low wage.

As for the self checkout...I love it! I don’t need someone to check out my merchandise for me. Half the time they don’t want to be there and they make it known.

Back to the original subject....yup, people sure can be pigs! At least they put the jugs in a cart instead of depositing them on the ground.

Closed Thread