Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM   #21

Crocus

Yes, I realize I mispelled politician. Are you going to bash me for that also?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #22

Crocus,

You are correct, it was earlier in March that FR updated the delivery date, not the end of March. That does not change the facts as they are as of yesterday.

Like I said, if need be, I can forward the email I received on to you. However, it is very strange that you do not seem to have an open mind and are so dead set on expressing your thoughts on this forum that I am not to be believed. What gives?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #23

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Lets see, we ordered our 2011-Rockwood in off peek production.(July-2010).We also were bumped into a dealer order which was put in to FR in early June-2010. We didnt get a production schedule or even a solid delivery date until.2-weeks before manufacture(Aug-28,2010). You do the math.(12-weeks) We were told 6-10 weeks wait on off-peek production. Remember the factorys make more than one model and brand.Example-Factory that makes the Rockwood brand also makes the Flagstaff Brand. And to break this down further,they make 5th-wheel and Travel trailers. Break it down again in to diferent models for each brand. So yes......there could be along wait until your camper is made. Maybe they just finished producing the XLR line you ordered,thus they would have to wait until it came back around in the production schedule to manufacture. Now add in and the most important factor, is ALL the dealers across the country have ordered the New lines and models...this is peek season for all manufacturers. Now were they honest with you. thats another question and its not a mater of being honest,its wanting to sell a camper. It seems the normal response from dealers when ordering is....6-10 weeks. Remember everyone wants thier new camper today. All or most of the people here on the forum have gone threw the ordering game. and in the excitement we make plans etc. without really understanding that we are not the only ones expecting a new camper. Im sorry for the delay. Ive worked manufacturing for 30-years and in scheduling different product runs. Its not FR fault or the dealers really because if the RV industry has picked-up as they say,then all production runs will be longer than last year and the wait time will be longer than last year. I for one would rather the manufacture keep the lines running at regular speed than increase speed for shorter wait times, then quality goes down and we all know the some of the quality issues FR has,(but not any more/less than other manufacturers.) --- the only other thing you could do is buy one off a dealers lot that already has one! And one positive....Is as Herk said you might end-up with a 2012 at 2011 pricing....now thats nice !!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #24

rickfox,

I think there is some miscommunication here. This thread you started gives the impression that you just found out that you will not have your camper before May. Obviously with a little research it was evident from your posts in early March that you knew it would be May before your trailer was delivered and so it seemed you were changing information.

Looking at you posts, it would seem this is what has happened (correct me if I am wrong):

1) You ordered your trailer and were told it would be ready in 6 to 8 weeks.

2) Early on you knew the 6 to 8 weeks would not happen and it would be more like 10 to 11 weeks. You may not have like that, but you knew it was the situation.

3) You just now received an e-mail from FR confirming a build start date of 4/14 with a construction time of 3 weeks.

4) Because the 6 to 8 weeks was extended to 11 weeks, you are not confident the trailer will be completed and delivered in the three week period specified and are concerned it will be even longer.

5) So the real concern is not that the delivery went from the 6-8 week period to 11 weeks, which you were already aware of (although not happy about), but that it may take even longer?

If that is the case I can understand your concern and respond to it, but it sounded like you were upset because you were just now informed that the 6 to 8 week delivery time would not happen, which simply wasn't the case.

In that case I would be less concerned, because once it gets scheduled and started, it goes pretty quickly. The problem is with all the orders, especially at this time of year, is getting a slot to begin. Once started, it goes quickly.

Glenn

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #25

BigRed,

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I did in fact believe what I was told, by both the dealer and the factory. It seems reasonable to me that I should be able to do so.

What jacked me up, was the email that I then received from the factory yestersay. I have sent a private email to Crocus showing him that email. I do not think it appropriate to place that email on the forum, but do hope Crocus will acknowledge he has seen it, and that it does contain information that indicates that all is not well at FR.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #26

We just ordered a new Cedar Creek Silverback 33L March 27 and were told 4 weeks, was scheduled to go online April 27. We have never ordered before just picked from dealer lot so this is all new to us. We were told that it would be a 2012 model though. So now is this going to be 4 weeks or 12 weeks? Who knows but hubby will not dewinterize the trailer we have now as it will be traded for the new one. Sure would like to be camping now though. LOL
00' F350 XLT LA West Custom DRW 7.3 PSD
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #27

Patience

Waiting to take delivery on a RV is rough. This is the RV Manfs busy time of the year. We knew that when we ordered ours in Feb. So we plan a little more for that first trip. I am glad they are busy. Means jobs. Also means, the RV market is healthy. That means my investment is good.
We have a book with over 30 things to do, when our MH comes in. We keep thinking of all the little things, we want to do.
The idea of RVing or camping is about slowing down your busy life. I say start practing, then maybe you will be ready when it gets here.
Scotty-Georgia Brown
Scotty-Watson
Westy-Holms
Old 04-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #28

Glenn,

Thank you for your response. You more accurately described my situation. Unfortunately, there are many more problems with the situation.

Although on the surface it appears that FR is really trying hard to do a good job, it seems like at best they are very confused. I will not go into a lot of detail here, but

1) Their website is clearly out of date. There is no clear understanding as to what features are standard vs. optional.

2) There is no documentation as to what decors are available - neither on their website or in their brochures.

2) There is no accurate list of options that are available. Thus no list of the cost of those options. They in fact have produced product that is on dealer lots with options that FR seemingly has no knowledge of, even though it was later confirmed they were in fact factory installed options.

3) Their paperwork flow is clearly out of control. They can not provide a PO# or Certificate of Orign in a timely manner, and thus financial documentation is not expected to be completed until a week or more after the trailer is actually delivered.

Perhaps no one else ever had any of these problems. Perhaps no one else is having them now. Perhaps I am the only one.

This is the third 5th wheel trailer I have ordered. It has been by far the most trouble-filled endeavor.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #29

You are not alone with having problems. It is unfortunate that the manufacturing, sales and initial quality of RVs is nothing like that of new cars or many other products and this is not limited to Forest River. I will not discourage you with my horror stories of starting life with Forest River, but I will say they stood behind their product and finally got everything right. It was a frustrating process that took much longer than I thought it should have and there were many communication nightmares, but in the end they made everything right.

I think you are excited in the prospect of your new camper and frustrated in the process. You vented that frustration which is fine, we are a RVing family here, but unfortunately all we have is the information which is in type on the screen here before us with which to make an assessment.

Hang in there and keep us updated. Hopefully it will all work out well.

Happy (future) camping!

Glenn

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #30

rickfox, I read the email you sent me, and it seems that you are misrepresenting what it said, on top of misquoting yourself.
Dude, you just can't keep your story straight!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #31
Site Team - Lou

I agree. I don't think we will accomplish anything by beating this dead horse.
Rick, I would would love to know the actual delivery date, so please post it when it comes in as a new thread along with your initial order date from the dealer and any delay notices you received.

That would help anyone planning on ordering at that time of year with a more realistic delivery timeline.

If there are no objections I will close this thread.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #32

None from me as a participant ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
If there are no objections I will close this thread.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #33
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Good idea! Things are getting a bit too personal. Now can we get a group hug . We're supposed to helping each other not pointing fingers and making insulting comments.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
Old 04-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #34
Site Team - Lou

Going Twice...
Closed Thread