Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Goomph is right on!

When I ordered my 2009 Flagstaff 5th wheel they had 2009 Travel Trailers on the line and I had to wait until the TTs were done before my 2009 order got built.

When the 2009 TTs were finished they started on 2010s so my unit got built as a 2010 with all the new standard features for the same price as the 2009.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #12

What is equally strange is that he posted on another board a few weeks ago, and he knew then that delivery wouldn't be until May, and he wasn't complaining at all then.
It would seem that something has changed, and it has nothing to do with FR.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
I placed my Forest River XLR Toy Hauler order on 2/22, and was told by the dealer it would be ready in 6 - 8 weeks.

Today, I was told by the factory that they will not even start building my unit until 4/14, and that construction time will be approximately 3 weeks. Adding another week for delivery puts the approximate delivery date to me at 5/12!!!!!!

THIS IS 11 - ELEVEN - WEEKS!!!!

THIS IS REDICULOUS !!!!!

CAN I BELIEVE THIS NEW DATE?

I'M BETTING THEY MISS THIS DATE TOO!

Every other dealer I spoke with, including other brand dealers, gave me a delivery date of approximately 6 - 8 weeks. Who's playing who?

Am I the only one who spends money for a trailer and gets only a fairy tale in return?
I'm sorry for your frustration, but you are also not being completely truthful with us. Here you say that you were told delivery would be in 6 to 8 weeks , but "TODAY" (04/05/2011) you were told it is now going to be more like 11 weeks, but when you posted back on 03/10/2011 you were saying delivery would not be for 10 weeks. In the same thread you posted on 03/26/2011 that delivery would not be for 11 weeks.

XLR Owners

It makes me suspicious how you can just find out "today" what you have been posting about for several weeks.

We are not associated with Forest River, we are a forum of Forest River product owners, some with good experiences and some with bad. There are many good people here with a lot of good advise, but I suspect you are just upset things are not going the way you want them to and now are distorting the information to justify yourself.

I am sorry, but I can not help or offer advise if you are not going to be truthful about what is really going on.

Glenn

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
What is equally strange is that he posted on another board a few weeks ago, and he knew then that delivery wouldn't be until May, and he wasn't complaining at all then.
It would seem that something has changed, and it has nothing to do with FR.
You beat me to it! You must have been posting while I was researching and typing.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #15

I don't imagine we'll see rickfox respond.
Getting caught in a lie is embarrassing, at best.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #16

Crocus,

You are the one who misrepresented the facts. The posting you quoted in fact was made yesterday evening on the XLR portion of this same forum - not weeks ago. I then posted a new thread in this more generalized area of the the forum in order to generate more conversation. I did not expect that some would distort the true facts!

I in fact received an email yesterday from a Forest River employee stating that my unit will be placed on the line to start production on 4/14. This is over 7 weeks from the day they received the order. This same email states the 2.5 - 3 week build time. I can surely produce this email if required.

This email is what has changed the situation. I also do not believe the 2.5 - 3 week build statement, and thus do not believe FR will make a May deliverly date!

It is not my desire to bash the specific Forest River employee I have been dealing with because I do believe he is doing his best under the circumstances. Forest River has not even sent a confirmation PO back to the dealer as of yesterday.

Facts are facts! And I have the facts to back up what I say. I suspect that I am not the only unhappy camper having similar problems. I'm trying to bring this issue to light in order to find a solution. I spent many months researching what toy hauler to purchase and decided upon the FR XLR because I thought it was the best. I did not expect it would take over 7 weeks to reach the production line, and then take who knows how long to actually be produced.

I also did not expect some on this forum to misrepresent my postings in a seeming attempt to stifle conversation.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #17

Rickfox, from your post of March 9;

"WOW! This is exciting! Looks like there are 2 XLR's in TX - well almost. We have ordered the 386X12 that is supposed to be in TX sometime in May."

'nuff said.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #18

Crocus,

After reading the thread over again, perhaps I should have directed my comments more toward Glenn5995 as you were perhaps responding more to his comments.

My objective is not to start a fight between forum posters and myself, it is to comment on the facts. To that end I apologize for directing my last comments toward you.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #19

Nevertheless, your posts are there for all to read, and they don't jive with your "facts".
And the main point is that you ordered during the very busiest time of the year for the factories. You said you did your research, so that should have told you to expect a long delivery time.
I ordered mine in the summer, a slow time, and still waited two months.
You have nothing to complain about. You should have ordered your camper in the fall.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #20

Crocus,

I now retract my last statement. You must have been a politian in your last job or an FR employee since you seem to be very capable at selectively taking statements either out of context, or without considering all the facts.

In the latter part of March when FR updated the delivery date to May, I was dissappointed, but resolved myself to the reality that it would take longer than originally stated. But there are now new and additional FACTS.

As I stated in earlier posts, I have now received an email from FR stating they won't even start the build until 4/14, they acknowledged they haven't even sent a confirmation back to the dealer, and they have given me a seeminly unbelieveable story about being able to meet their commitment by making everything happen in 3 weeks!

These are all the facts! Would you believe the 3 week build statement? I think not. The facts have changed, and I no longer believe what FR is telling me.

How about addressing the issue I have raised rather than trying to bash me for bringing the issue up - and for having the facts to back up what I say?