Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #1

Delivery of trailers

I am new to the forums and I wish my first post was about how great my new trailer is. Unfortunately I don't even have it delivered after more than 2 months of it being on order.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can the company's attention to answer for why the trailer isn't delivered. I have dealt with my dealership but they are over worked and I am tired of waiting for them to have time between deliveries of other people's trailers.

The trailer is a catalina travel trailer 253rks. It is a subsidiary of forest river.
Navymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #2

You can always contact Coachmen Catalina division for help....

Catalina

Kerry Grimm
Service Representative
+1 574-825-8657
kgrimm@forestriverinc.com

Jacob Demerly
Parts Advisor
+1 574-825-8653
jdemerly@forestriverinc.com

Mary Reingardt
Sales Representative
+1 574-825-8637
mreingardt@forestriverinc.com

LAMINATED ULTRA LITE TRAVE
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #3

I called Mary but only got a voice mail. I left a message with them but you can imagine how frustrating this is. Less than 2 weeks to the first camping weekend and no trailer.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:07 AM   #4

New update..... and not a good one........ I have started making payments to the bank for a trailer that forest river hasn't delivered. I realize most people here will blame the dealership but I have no doubt that the dealership would be very quick to deliver the trailer IF THEY HAD IT.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:40 AM   #5

Huh

Have they even built the trailer yet? If they haven't after 2 months they should be close enough to give you an off the line date. Excuse me for asking but I don't understand how a bank finances a trailer that hasn't left the manufacturer yet. The very first thing my bank wanted was the VIN number
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:47 AM   #6
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navymike View Post
New update..... and not a good one........ I have started making payments to the bank for a trailer that forest river hasn't delivered. I realize most people here will blame the dealership but I have no doubt that the dealership would be very quick to deliver the trailer IF THEY HAD IT.
I think you need to accept blame here for signing for a trailer you don't have and have never seen, why on earth would you be paying for anything you don't own. Eight weeks seems to be the norm for an ordered unit build in another two for delivery and PDI, if all is OK sign the papers and start the payments about a month later. Good luck but your off to a poor start.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Once a trailer is made, WHO is responsible for its delivery? Dealership or factory? I have read many times that they make so many so fast that they do not have enough delivery drivers to move them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #8

gotta blame everyone a little, but mostly you. Why would you sign the papers and bank note for something you never saw? What if it comes in a complete lemon? How does the bank finance something without a VIN? Sounds like a shady operation to me.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:03 AM   #9

DDC, I do agree to a point that it was bad on me..... to trust a manufacturer to deliver a trailer in a time frame that is what should be considered normal. I have dealt with the dealership who I believe is being ignored by the sales reps.

Doc73 I wish someone would give me a truly straight answer about the deliver time line of the unit. The worst part of this is the LACK OF communication. For that I blame the dealership and the manufacturer both.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 AM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
DDC, I do agree to a point that it was bad on me..... to trust a manufacturer to deliver a trailer in a time frame that is what should be considered normal. I have dealt with the dealership who I believe is being ignored by the sales reps.

Doc73 I wish someone would give me a truly straight answer about the deliver time line of the unit. The worst part of this is the LACK OF communication. For that I blame the dealership and the manufacturer both.
My comment was not a shot at you, I am truly curious who makes the arrangements. I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #11
clr

I ordered a new unit that had to be built also. The sales person from my dealership called me several times to communicate with me. A time or two for needed changes my unit was being built about the new model year change over time. They also gave me the info for the build date planned and that my unit missed the planned build date by one week. They also informed me when the unit was built completed and ready for delivery. The factory delivery drivers were 90 days behind at the time so my dealer sent one of its own drivers to the factory to pick up my unit. All in all I would say I had no problems with the build process and the dealer was great. As to paying for the unit it was done just like any car you order, down payment then signing the papers and accepting the unit prior to paying.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:26 AM   #12

I wish they would inform me of the status of the unit. This is our first trailer ever and we went on the trust of the word of the dealership.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I wish they would inform me of the status of the unit. This is our first trailer ever and we went on the trust of the word of the dealership.

Lol that was your first mistake "trusting" the dealer. [emoji6]
Good luck.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)

Crappy situation all around. I hope you get your trailer soon and it all works out for you!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #15

This is where we see who is willing to do what to sort this out. Who will react first? Dealership or manufacturer?
Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Don't forget there's a third party involved here too. The manufacturers don't ship the units, they're picked up by third party companies that move the units to the dealers.

I have seen stories before where the trailer's built and sitting on a lot, but the dealer can't get somebody to move it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #17

X2.....

Neither Forest River or the Dealer transport the trailer from the manufacturer to the dealer. A third independent company transports it to the dealer.

10-12 weeks for a trailer to be ordered, built and delivered is not unusual. I have heard that it can take 2-3 weeks for the transport company to pick up the trailer from the manufacturer once built. Also heard the transport company may prefer certain dealers and pick up their trailers first. One trailer to our dealer went off the grid for an entire week (no one knew where it was) Come to find out the transporter had vehicle engine issues on the way to the dealership.

Hope all works out soon................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #18
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Navymike,
I'm sorry you are upset.
Keep in mind 8+ weeks is NOT unreasonable to order and receive a new unit.
That is what ours took for delivery and ours was built during the slower fall season.
Spring is the busiest time for the factory.

I have no clue what your financing is (nor care to) but making payments on something you haven't taken delivery of is unheard of. Something is amiss there?

I realize you contacted Mary but there were some other numbers posted. Try them.
I have found the factory VERY willing to communicate on various levels.

Lastly, I feel bad for you if you believe your dealer is getting the cold shoulder from the factory.
There must be a reason for it.

My dealer, (in my presence) contacted the factory and the sales rep several times during our order process, build and delivery. The factory was always prompt answering calls on the spot or responding within minutes of a message left.

Sounds like you are in a tough position.
Hope it all works out.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:56 AM   #19

If you signed the papers and paid for a trailer to be ordered, I dont think you should be Crying about a late delivery. I just cant Imagine
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #20

I did receive notice from the sales rep and she ESTIMATES completion on 23rd. She said it would be on a hot ship list.

I am impressed that she did respond. The question will be is how firm the estimate is and how fast hot ship really is.

Tags
trailer