Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

Delivery of trailers

I am new to the forums and I wish my first post was about how great my new trailer is. Unfortunately I don't even have it delivered after more than 2 months of it being on order.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can the company's attention to answer for why the trailer isn't delivered. I have dealt with my dealership but they are over worked and I am tired of waiting for them to have time between deliveries of other people's trailers.

The trailer is a catalina travel trailer 253rks. It is a subsidiary of forest river.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #2

You can always contact Coachmen Catalina division for help....

Catalina

Kerry Grimm
Service Representative
+1 574-825-8657
kgrimm@forestriverinc.com

Jacob Demerly
Parts Advisor
+1 574-825-8653
jdemerly@forestriverinc.com

Mary Reingardt
Sales Representative
+1 574-825-8637
mreingardt@forestriverinc.com

LAMINATED ULTRA LITE TRAVE

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

I called Mary but only got a voice mail. I left a message with them but you can imagine how frustrating this is. Less than 2 weeks to the first camping weekend and no trailer.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #4

New update..... and not a good one........ I have started making payments to the bank for a trailer that forest river hasn't delivered. I realize most people here will blame the dealership but I have no doubt that the dealership would be very quick to deliver the trailer IF THEY HAD IT.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #5

Huh

Have they even built the trailer yet? If they haven't after 2 months they should be close enough to give you an off the line date. Excuse me for asking but I don't understand how a bank finances a trailer that hasn't left the manufacturer yet. The very first thing my bank wanted was the VIN number
Old 05-12-2016, 06:47 AM   #6
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navymike View Post
New update..... and not a good one........ I have started making payments to the bank for a trailer that forest river hasn't delivered. I realize most people here will blame the dealership but I have no doubt that the dealership would be very quick to deliver the trailer IF THEY HAD IT.
I think you need to accept blame here for signing for a trailer you don't have and have never seen, why on earth would you be paying for anything you don't own. Eight weeks seems to be the norm for an ordered unit build in another two for delivery and PDI, if all is OK sign the papers and start the payments about a month later. Good luck but your off to a poor start.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #7
Who Dares, Wins

Once a trailer is made, WHO is responsible for its delivery? Dealership or factory? I have read many times that they make so many so fast that they do not have enough delivery drivers to move them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:59 AM   #8

gotta blame everyone a little, but mostly you. Why would you sign the papers and bank note for something you never saw? What if it comes in a complete lemon? How does the bank finance something without a VIN? Sounds like a shady operation to me.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:03 AM   #9

DDC, I do agree to a point that it was bad on me..... to trust a manufacturer to deliver a trailer in a time frame that is what should be considered normal. I have dealt with the dealership who I believe is being ignored by the sales reps.

Doc73 I wish someone would give me a truly straight answer about the deliver time line of the unit. The worst part of this is the LACK OF communication. For that I blame the dealership and the manufacturer both.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #10
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navymike View Post
DDC, I do agree to a point that it was bad on me..... to trust a manufacturer to deliver a trailer in a time frame that is what should be considered normal. I have dealt with the dealership who I believe is being ignored by the sales reps.

Doc73 I wish someone would give me a truly straight answer about the deliver time line of the unit. The worst part of this is the LACK OF communication. For that I blame the dealership and the manufacturer both.
My comment was not a shot at you, I am truly curious who makes the arrangements. I don't know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer