Old 12-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #51
Done with this

Here is a 263RLS. You can see the drawers...

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #52

How about either moving the tank level buttons/lights close to where the tank dump valves are or have a redundant set?

2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Another pet peeve- having a gutter seam where the awning is located which tends to cause a drip under it.
Our fix for this has been to put a bead of caulking on the seam. It fixes the drip.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #54

The bathroom fan is a no starter for short people. The crank to open the cover and the on/off pushbutton switch are not reachable for shorter folks. The same thing can be said for pancake lights that include an on/off switch that are mounted on the ceiling.

The chassis heating/ventilation controls leave the outside air vent open unless you set the mode switch to "Max AC" which closes the outside vent to recirculate inside air. This is a big problem in the winter when there's a cold draft entering the RV from under the dashboard on the passenger side.

Phil
Old 12-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
The TV placement in most floor plans. They are never at a comfortable place. Either you sit and have to turn your head or they are high and you are looking up all the time. Or they are way across the room. When searching for our current one that was a requirement. Did not happen. The TV was located that you had to turn your head and way across room. That is now resolved with my latest mod.

Then you have floor plans that have the dinette and couch next to each other. A big row of seating. Then the visions on these dinettes and jackknife sofas are very uncomfortable. The could design or make them more comfy.

X2 on the placement of the TV, all though I really don't know where else it could go. I guess it's just more reason not to sit inside the trailer and enjoy the outdoors unless the weather is bad.

rather_b_camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
The infamous fold down dinette table. What a lousy design.

Can't get it down, can't get it up.
On our 2902ss Rockwood they placed a heater vent right under this lousy table, making it a pain in the butt to move each time someone has to sit.

2011 2902ss Rockwood Ultralight
2008 Grand Cherokee 3.0L Diesel (255 hp @ 2900 rpm / 430 lb-ft @ 1,400-2,800 rpm)
3P ProPride Hitch
RV Mods
Wandering RV Life
WestCoastRV'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #57

Another design non thought is the fresh water drain is way under trailer under axel that you have to crawl under camper to drain and get wet. Next mod on list to divert this closer to edge of camper.
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #58
Site Team

Our design flaw is one grey drain sits farther back then the grey/black drain. Why not bring both closer to the edge of the trailer? DH has to crawl up underneath the trailer at the dump station.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Our design flaw is one grey drain sits farther back then the grey/black drain. Why not bring both closer to the edge of the trailer? DH has to crawl up underneath the trailer at the dump station.
Same with ours. Why not connect them together. At the RV show we saw a Rockwood trailer where they had connected them,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer connector.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	95688  

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:30 AM   #60
Campground Weekender

Thumbs down FLRB Living room dual sofas...

Does anyone own a Front Living room 5th wheel? We have the two sofas across from each other each in it's own slide out...they are both tri fold sofas and the camper is supposed to sleep 6. This is one of the reasons we chose this model...

Last weekend, I went to unfold the second sofa so that our guests each had comfortable sleeping quarters....

Wellllllll, I opened the one on the left....and then started to unfold the one to the right...ummm it hit the bottom of the left one with about a 4 inch overhang, thereby, making the sofa bed un-usuable! How in anyone's mind would this be an acceptable design? Yes, I trusted too much and did not open it up at the dealership, simply taking for granted that it did what it advertised, I fully take that blame. And yes, before anyone asks, both slide outs are completely extended.

This is the 4th or 5th item that is not correct on this Sabre 36FLRB