Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #21

Nope, there was a time when we sad to see something go, We had a boat and MH that we used for 13 years when the kids were growing up. The kids used the cabin as a play house while we fished. We lived in the MH while building a house.Those were memories. What was really upsetting was that the people buying the small cabin cruiser let it go to pot. We had a chance to buy it back, but were making a major move.

Times change. The last MH just didn't have the appeal. We sold it to get into a mobile home. We fly between points now. The mobile home park has become family.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfrank View Post
The weather IS as bad as they were projecting. It is like January here!
We're about 4 hours north of you and the freezing rain alert just went off on my phone. 15-20 for us tomorrow. I wonder when we'll get the notice that our May opening weekend reservations are cancelled. Sob!
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #23

I had a similar experience when I sold my PUP. The new owner was finally like, okay, don't need to hear anything else, will figure things out on our own! Like the original post, many good memories went down the driveway with that camper, but I've also made so many new ones with a new TT.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #24

We bought our last one, The Launch ultra lite 27bhu on FEB 21, 2016. Paid

$22.5k OTD, Used it 100 days in 2016, Towed it all over U.S.A. Had a great

time. Sold it Feb 2017, for $20.5K.

Waved and smiled as they towed it out of my driveway.

HAPPY Happy happy. Not one shed tear.

Waiting for delivery of our WJ 3006 any day now!
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #25

When we bought our 2016 Cardinal 3450RL a couple of years ago we sold our Airstream trailer. I had spent several years updating the interior, electronics, and stripping and polishing to outside aluminum to a mirror like finish. I was at a dealer buying some LED replacement bulbs and my wife and sister-in-law were outside with a salesman looking at our soon to be Cardinal. I wasn't keen on selling the Airstream, but we finally pulled the trigger, sold the Airstream and pulled home a brand new 5th wheel. My distress at clinging to my Airstream soon vanished with all the comfort and spacious "glamping" that we experienced on our first outing with it. I have to admit, the nostalgia of owning an old Airstream versus the comfort and livability of the Cardinal that there is no comparison. I love our 5th wheel.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #26

WE are heading down the slope to get a new camper. Prob first of next year. Y'all making us tear up a little already. Maybe just keep the old one too.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfrank View Post
Is it ok that my nearly 300lb frame broke into tears when the new owners pulled it away?

When we made the move to a TT we had to make room and sell our PUP that has been part of our family for 8 great years.

I posted the PUP on craigslist just to see if I would get interest and I got 22 emails before I went to bed that night! ended up selling it for what I asked to a nice family looking to start with a relatively inexpensive PUP to get their feet wet for a few years to see if it is something they want to do seriously. Just like us 8 years ago!

I kept talking to them, telling them stuff as we did the walk-around. I eventually got the feeling that they had enough of me yapping and wanted to get on their way. I think I stopped them 3 times as they were trying to leave giving them some more tidbits and quirks about the trailer. Something like, "oh yeah..don't forget this" and "you want to also do this to it....", and, "always make sure to check this first....".

I kept the license plate and plan to frame it and put it on the wall with a nice pic of the family.

I figure this forum is the best place to share these feelings - and sharing feelings is good right?
no its just a tt and it has no life or meaning to me, no different when I sold a car, or house
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer