Old 09-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #31
We have a 2015 Salem, CruiseLite 241QB and had one dinette bench rebuilt last Spring due to it falling apart. Our RV dealer also found both brakes on the rear axle were never hooked up. I also replaced the door latch due to the dead bolt sticking in the locked position. I had to boost my wife in thru the dining room window to get it open. The fold down couch had only one screw securing it to the floor, so I took care of that too. Since June, we haven't done anything else, but look forward to trading it sometime next year before camping season.

gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #32
We have a 2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen TT. Looked like we solved all our problems last year, until this past Wednesday. The rear power stabilizer failed to work, but thankfully, we opted for the 2nd year warranty coverage. The dealer has been very good about our issues so far. Here's hoping that will continue!

checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #33
Not 1 repair in 3 years on my 2013 FR Georgetown XL 378. BUT have a few to do: front shade only moves 14". Minor leak(is any leak minor??)..on ice maker water line. All 4 tank monitors are way off. Need a new drawer in kitchen. Not to bad for 12k miles.
hugospro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:04 AM   #34
This got me thinking.

First trailer was a used Reliart Pop Up. Used 6 years with no issues.

Second was a new 15 foot Scotty, again used it for 6 years with no repairs needed.

Third was a 23 foot Fleetwood Resort. Used that one for over 20 years, again nothing went wrong. No repairs.

Now up to modern times. 2007 Georgetown motorhome, several warranty issues related to build. Dealer would not fix and I had to. Kept it two years.

Then my current 2008 Berkshire. Again several build issues that dealer would not fix but factory was great. Freightliner/Cummins issues from day one however have been numerous and I do more than the recommended maintenance. Beginning to regret having traded in the Georgetown.

I do not know if this says something about our times and quality or the increased complexity of our toys as we get older.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #35
Just got our FR this past weekend and no issues were found so does that count? Well except for the dealer scratched a decal while getting it prepped for pickup which they plan to replace the first time we need to bring it in for service.

While that was in jest mainly we had to put about $2000 into our old unit this spring due to several different issues. I'm hoping we got a solid unit in the FR and we'll experience some of these repair free years.
BKBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #36
Just got our TT brand new in August, so no repairs yet. I'm not counting replacing the manual tongue jack with a power one and buying a stove cover as a repair.
The Gisters

TT: 2015 Oasis 310K
TV: 2014 Nissan NV 3500HD-12 psgr Van
The Gisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:28 PM   #37
A whole year without a repair? Heck, in over two dozen trips over 18 months I haven't been able to take even one trip without something failing, coming loose, or breaking. I thought I was going to have my first trouble free trip a couple of trips ago but the bathroom fan quit working with just a couple of days left on the three week trip. I have been keeping a detailed list with pictures and it is at 50 right now. I fixed many of the items and I take it to the dealer for what I can not fix. Thank goodness I bought the second year warranty. It goes back to the dealer in six weeks to fix the fan and a broken step frame, the only two un-repaired items I know of right now. I read with much envy about those of you who have trouble free units. Sometimes when I think about what I paid for this RV and the poor quality it makes me sick at my stomach. I have seriously considered trading this in on a new one just like it in the hopes of getting a better constructed unit but I think that would be a waste of time. I love it but hate the lack of quality on my 2015 Columbus 320RS.
bobneal69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:38 PM   #38
Site Team
I have an entry level 2011 Salem Cruise Lite that I brought in September of 2010. Except for a couple minor things during the first year & half, it been pretty much problem free.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:40 AM   #39
Happy to hear thr Cruise Lite info. My daughter and family just took delivery on one. Went for the walk through and helped to look at the unit.Did not find anything that needed fixing at dealer. When I started this thread I was looking for rigs working without major problems and assumed there would be many.The many small fixes and upgrades we all make were not being considered as major items. Thanks to all who contributed ,your info is all interesting and informative. Happy camping to all.
2012 Crusader 26RLD, 2000 F-350 4X4 7.3.
Hayes Autoformer, Correct track, Maxxis 8008E,
Andersen Aluminum hitch.
Jack350 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #40
Warranty work--new converter and microwave. Repaired wiring to the fridge.
Work in my own shop: replaced the front axle (Lippert 3,500#) Long story

Several little repairs to trim, moldings, etc.

kevinstennes is offline   Reply With Quote