Old 09-22-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
Diesel generator problems

Hoping someone can give me an answer I can understand and save me a trip to the dreaded dealership? My diesel onan generator works fine until I turn the A/C on then it shuts down and says "circuit error". Any ideas for my 2014 Solera with unfortunately very few miles on it?

Karter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:11 PM   #2
The good news is you don't have a problem requiring a visit to a dealer. You just have to learn how to manage your 115VAC usage. I have the same generator in my "W" and it was a bit of a learning curve to find out what will work with what...

The amount of power your generator produces, 3200 watts, cannot handle the A/C and other items all being on at once. Make sure your refrigerator and water heater are on set to run on LP gas, not 115VAC power. Also turn off any other 115VAC powered devices you are not using. For example you cannot run the A/C and microwave at the same time. You are going to need to manage your 115VAC power usage fairly closely to run your A/C. There are some threads about this in the Solera forum, do a search in it for more info.
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

diesel, generator