Old 04-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #1

differences??

I ordered an 831KRSS as many of you know,however I also had looked at the Rockwood counterpart and just looking over the FR website, i noticed in Rockwood it says Signature Classic ultra lite and Flagstaff just says Classic Ultra lite. What is the difference between the two as far as options go? i havent found anything that is different. Except the dry weight on the Flagstaff is 5971 and the Rockwood is 6204. Anyone know why if they are the same the Rockwood would weigh 233 ponds more?
I was just curious.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #2

A few months ago I was reading an artical in either TrailBlazer or Trail Life Magazine about weights, according to the artical the manufactures do not weigh all units that come off the assembly line, they guess. It's all based on stardard models, no up grades. According to there studies trailer weights have been off by as much as 1,500 lbs. This type of guess work could put in the wrong tow vehical and then make you wonder why you are having problems. Well like they say, don't believe everything you read.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #3

This is something that definitly needs to be reformed if for no other reason then exactly what you said. 1500 pounds could easily put it into a different class of Tow vehicles which is probably why they do what they do. More people have 1/2 trucks then are running around with f-350's so the trailer manufactures would be cutting out a whole line of possible customers.
I plan on weighing the one i currently have since i know that i can tow that one, and if the new one i ordered comes in and it weighs more then that, they will be keeping it!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandsphotography View Post
This is something that definitly needs to be reformed if for no other reason then exactly what you said. 1500 pounds could easily put it into a different class of Tow vehicles which is probably why they do what they do. More people have 1/2 trucks then are running around with f-350's so the trailer manufactures would be cutting out a whole line of possible customers.
I plan on weighing the one i currently have since i know that i can tow that one, and if the new one i ordered comes in and it weighs more then that, they will be keeping it!!!
What kind of tow vehicle do you have?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #5

i have a dodge ram 4x4 1500 quad cab