Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Direct TV cable problem solved

I have been trying to figure out my problem of attaching a Direct TV dish and cable through the external cable hookup and not getting signal inside in my 2011 Salem 26tbub. The problem was the all in one cable outlet in the entertainment center. The (factory installed) powered Winegard antenna, wether powered up or not, interferes with the incoming Direct TV signal. I unscrewed the wall jack plate and disconnected the cable that came in from the external hook up (from the multi-function board attached to the back of the wall plate)and drilled a new hole in the wall plate right next to the existing cable jack and screwed down the cable. Voila! Direct TV! Now there is a jack for powered local air reception if I chose to use it and a jack for external input, Direct TV!

sleblanc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou
I have two ports on the outside of my 2010 Flagstaff for that reason.

One is for cable and it goes to the middle F connector on the amp and the other is for Sat and it goes right to a wall plate F connector marked Sat above the selector button.

Note with a bit of a wiring re-route I can port the TV signal to the outside for a porch table TV using the Sat wire. A short loop of coax cable between the two F connectors on the plate. The downside is the outisde F connectors are on the rear of the camper next to the power cord. Need a LONG coax to get to the porch area; but no routing through the slide seal.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote