Old 02-23-2010, 08:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I usually watch football and Nascar out there in the driveway when it's nicer weather.
Ahhh, yess, the 37 foot man cave. Although I don't watch TV in mine I do keep the fridge running to keep my beer cold in the summer when I am out working in the garage

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Ahhh, yess, the 37 foot man cave. Although I don't watch TV in mine I do keep the fridge running to keep my beer cold in the summer when I am out working in the garage
During the summer I'll turn on the TV in the evening and watch, well sleep through some great TV. That beer is sounding really good about now.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #13

So I have a different question along the same lines. I have direct tv as of this year and was planning to take a box with me in the 5er. I have a dish and am set up but having a problem.

The two satelite dish I use are different so the one on my house is a new SWM they call it and the 5er one is a regular 18-20 oval. Anyone know if the reciever (basic non HD) setting has to be changed for the different dish to work.

I hook my home dish to the 5er and my reciever works, if I hook the portable dish it doesnt.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #14
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluguglyinhere View Post
So I have a different question along the same lines. I have direct tv as of this year and was planning to take a box with me in the 5er. I have a dish and am set up but having a problem.

The two satelite dish I use are different so the one on my house is a new SWM they call it and the 5er one is a regular 18-20 oval. Anyone know if the reciever (basic non HD) setting has to be changed for the different dish to work.

I hook my home dish to the 5er and my reciever works, if I hook the portable dish it doesnt.
In the set-up there is a screen where you pick the type of dish you are using. I'm sure it makes a difference. It will usually show the number of LNB as well. This is the software built into the receiver. Just follow the set up instruction after changing the type dish you are using and you should be good to go.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #15

After 30 days of no power and signal from the dish the box loses it mind. You can actually "refresh" your box from your laptop and save yourself a long wait on hold with DirecTv. I Have this problem all summer with the rv's box. A lady at DirecTv finally told me how to do it online. Go to https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydir...horization.jsp

Use this link, log into your account, pick the box in the rv and send the refresh signal. You are back in business before you could get through half the prompts on the telephone.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
hey papa1 thanks for the link.. i actually have not had any problems with the unit since my original post. but i will keep that link....

thanks again

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
IT Guru

Send a message via AIM to jsilvius Send a message via Skype™ to jsilvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENTE View Post
thanks i will call them tonight. i just didn't want to have to go through a bunch of nonsense with them. we have been subscribers since 05 and we get the football package every year i didn't want to get on the phone with them get mad and tell them where to put their service.. i can't miss my steelers
Go Steelers!!!!

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT 5.9L Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
1 - DH (me); 1 - DW (Tee); 1 - DS (Jarod, 12)
Nights Camping: 2010 - 15; 2011 - 7; 2012 - 9
jsilvius is offline   Reply With Quote