Old 09-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
DirecTV cranial gas situation going on.....

It's been a while since I hooked my 2013 Wildcat up to use my DTV. Problem is a bit of cranial gas or over thinking it. I can't make it work out in my head so to speak.

Above the tv cabinet the coax cables come thru the wall and into the wall socket that read cable in and the other reads cable out.

I know it should be a simple cable movement exercise but it's not registering in my brain. On the back of the DTV box it has 3 places for a coax cable to be screwed in...Sat IN, SAT Out, and Off Air. I know that I used to only change two cables, but for the life of me I can't remember what I need to do.

I set up my dish and run a cable into the cable in location located in the cab/sat in location on the side of the trailer.

Can someone out there set me thinking in the correct direction...Please!!!!

2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
Cable in goes to Sat in ... Sat out goes to back of TV

dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
I believe that there are occasions where the sat will not work with a RV tv cable hook up because there are splitters or amplifiers involved. In that case, you need to run a dedicated cable directly from the sat receiver output to the tv input without using the RV's cable hookup.
2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:07 PM   #4
Close but not exactly. The cable from the dish needs to run directly to the "sat" in connection, no splitters allowed. The out to TV can be split with no problem. If I understand the question, the cable in connection to the switch goes to the sat in on the satellite box and the dish goes to the park connection, and the out to TV goes to the cable in on the switch. By my count that is two reconnections.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote