Old 08-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Dish / Direct tv

What is the best satelite service for Rv'ers. Who offers the best service and what is your expereance with either one. I have land cable but now that I have a coach I am thinking of moving to Satelite service. Thanks

texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I can only speak for DirecTV. We have it at home and in the motorhome with a Tivo Unit. We only pay an additional $5 per month for the motorhome on our plan. The Tivo is included in the monthly fee for all of our units $5.95 / month for all 3. The receptions in very good. Our dish will find the signal pretty quickly. However it doesn't matter which one you have you need a clear path to the southern sky. In our case when we are parked in a wooded site we still have programs we've recorded and also use the cable available at the campground or the antenna.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN

I use DirecTV at my home. When we use the rv, I just unplug one of the receivers from the house along with a SAT DISH and stand I purchased from EBAY. Works great for me. The only problem is if you have the local channels in you subscription package. You will not be able to get the locals after about 225-250 miles from your home. But all the rest there will be no problem.

Sid & HRH Daisy
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Like Daisy I use direct TV with a HD antenna I bought on Ebay and take a receiver from home. I made a mount out of 1 1/4 pvc. I found the plans for the mount on a rv forum, don't remember which.
2010 Rockwood 2604SS
2008 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
We have been with Dish Network for almost 10 years now. They have always been real good to us and have great customer support when something isn't working right. Now days I don't think it matters too much which one you go with, you just have to choose the programming and price that works for you.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote