Old 02-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
Thumbs down Dish Net Internet Service

Has anyone had any experience with Dish Net internet service? Thanks

Tackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
Dish is satellite internet. Because of latency issues, steaming is hit and miss at best. Plus, you have the Fair Access Policy to contend with. Satellite is only worth it if you have no other options. It's also fairly expensive. Also, if I remember correctly, they rope you into a 2-yr contract, and believe me they will hold you to it.

biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #3
Last resort Internet. I have a dish at my office for backup Internet and we've had to use it a few times. It's a lot slower than any other internet connections except dial up and it's really expensive. It's billed like a cell phone so you are limited to the amount of data you can use before you go into overages. They also don't offer any real high use packages. It'd be ok for just browsing the Internet if you lived where no internet was available but streaming audio or video like Netflix would be out of the question. Too slow and to expensive. You're better off getting a tablet or iPad with 4g or a mifi device. It's faster, no set up, and you get more data for less.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
Couple of other issues also: 1.) separate dish from TV dish, so you have two dishes. 2.) NOT mobile. This was from talking with a Dish technician, that came to work on our Dish TV system, we talk over 30 minutes about it. From what I first read, I thought it would be perfect as we are full-time and portable. But he said, when they go out to set the internet up, it has to be only to a stationery location. Plus the signal has to be perfect, or it does not work right. Hence, you can not use the inexpensive meters most people use to line up their own dish. It's not off of the satellites that broadcast TV signals, so an auto-scan dish would not work either. He showed us the equipment they use, it is not what you would normally carry around with you. LOL

Hope this helps and God bless,
Mike and Judy
Wherever we are parked is our home
2009 - 36RD5S
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote