Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 PM   #1

Dish Network Pathway Mount

Purchased a Winegard Dish Network Pathway setup but wasn't happy with the placement options resulting in someone tripping over the cable or the dish "walking off". I devised a ladder mount that not only keeps a short 9' cable off the ground but provides a little security when the ladder is folded and locked. A side benefit is that the dish can now "see" the sky over just about anyone else. Pics of the mount are located at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/997507...57651262457857
Old 04-02-2015, 11:24 PM   #2

Very clever, very nice. Where did you find the truss clamps?
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwppwc View Post
Purchased a Winegard Dish Network Pathway setup but wasn't happy with the placement options resulting in someone tripping over the cable or the dish "walking off". I devised a ladder mount that not only keeps a short 9' cable off the ground but provides a little security when the ladder is folded and locked. A side benefit is that the dish can now "see" the sky over just about anyone else. Pics of the mount are located at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/997507...57651262457857

Very nice, but my trailer doesn't have a ladder (r-Pod). I bought the 3leg stand for my pathways and use a wire cable dog leash to padlock to my trailer. It can be stolen, but it will take time. I prefer to just pop it on the roof when I am not shaded by trees.

YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #4

Truss clamps on Amazon $8 each. 2"X36" mild steel c-channel at Home Depot $15
Old 04-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Sure fancier than what I make for Tailgaters. Looks good, do you travel with it up there? Otherwise, it would be a job for us old folks to get it up there.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #6

I haven't traveled with it up there (yet) but I see no reason why it couldn't be done. It's a little difficult using the trailer ladder but I have a 12' collapsible ladder that fits nicely in the basement. I find that easier to use.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

I'm trying to figure out how to run the cable for our Tailgater (hidden) permanently to the front and back and put a receptacle for a short pc of cable to the Tailgater to keep all the cable off the ground and hanging. Just have to get some lazy old man off his rear end and get it done.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to run the cable for our Tailgater (hidden) permanently to the front and back and put a receptacle for a short pc of cable to the Tailgater to keep all the cable off the ground and hanging. Just have to get some lazy old man off his rear end and get it done.
Couldn't you mount some 1/2" pvc under the trailer and slide your cable through it?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Couldn't you mount some 1/2" pvc under the trailer and slide your cable through it?TURBS
I want to route it in the curved section on the bottom. Figured out how to do it going back to the ladder, the problem is routing it to the pin box without pulling the entire overhang sheeting down.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to B and B
OC from my pin box to front storage is open just above the door, i would think a path to the back would be easy from there.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
OC from my pin box to front storage is open just above the door, i would think a path to the back would be easy from there.
I've not looked @ mine I wonder to if it's open?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

B and B, I'll have to look on mine. If it is, might just run enough cable to coil it and stuff in the pin box and not have a receptacle there,
Old 04-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #13
Mod free 5er

Found out there is a very thin open area behind the pinbox into the front storage. After removing the screws on the trim behind the pinbox, I pulled the sheeting down and routed the cable to the side of the pinbox and coiled some cable to go to the Tailgater when I set it on the pinbox bracket. Now to run the cable to the rear, add the splitter and connect to the inside cable. Will finally get rid of stringing the cable all over the side of the camper and on the ground.

Thanks B and B.

Well, also just got it run to the back bumper, much easier to run to the back. Just have to anchor the cable and connect to the splitter. Hooray, no more cable laying all over the ground.

Tags
mount