Old 04-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #11

I have the Pay as you go tailgater. They are a pain in the butt. But I spend 4 or more months in Key West. If you don't have sat. you don't have TV. The rest of the year we are on the road. So normally most of the year it is off. I pay $5.00 when it is off, and I don't md it. When it is time to restart it, it takes 2 hours on the phone and averages 3 phone calls. But I don't have an alternative.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrqueen View Post
Well lucky us - we have the Dish that the service doesn't work so well on the road AND expensive Direct TV at home!! I don't understand how they can sell these & advertise them as "Pay as you go Programming". I have spent so much time on the phone talking to these people...last conversation...we have prepaid thru 4/12 and we don't want service any longer than that as we will be back home....them: "so you never want service again?" No we want to call when we want it....yet they have billed us again for $110 .....tried the email to explain it better....they say...you have to pay $40 to get it turned back on...we don't want it turned back on now....YIKES! I am afraid of what they will do if we just ignore it or want to use in the future...so what can you do?

With Direct I have satellite portable dish that I can set up in a few minutes and I never have to call anyone. I just take my receiver from home. When I had Dish I had a Tailgator and it was a little slow it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #13

You can add another one to the list. The service when running is great but the billing department are impossible to work with. Right now we don't have a account and not sure what they are going to say when try to restart service. I sent them a link to the webpage that says it is pay as you go and just don't pay and the service would be shut off and the response was that the webpage was incorrect and it being changed - that was last summer.
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 PM   #14

I have 3 Dish receivers at home, when we go camping I just take a receiver from home and hook up the Tailgater, never a problem much less a call to Dish. It works for us we love it
Amateur Radio W5CI 2016 Days Camping 50
2017 Days Camping 77
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #15

Never had that issue. When we call they cut it off and bill us about $5 per month when it is off. When you have it turned on even if you only need it for a few days we are charged for the whole month.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I have 3 Dish receivers at home, when we go camping I just take a receiver from home and hook up the Tailgater, never a problem much less a call to Dish. It works for us we love it
Does the Tailgater require authorization separate from your 3 receivers?

Can I just take my (I own it) VIP 211K, which I use in my spare bedroom at home, and am paying $5 per month extra for, on the road, and just plug it into a Tailgater dish and watch TV, or must I call in each time I want to go on the road? Of course I wouldn't expect to receive my local stations on the road, but that doesn't matter to me.

Is there a separate fee for using the tailgater?

Do I need to download some special software into the VIP 211K to make it work with the tailgater?

I'm not trying to beat Dish out of any revenue, since no one will be using my home receivers while I'm away, but just want to avoid the hassles outlined above.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #17

With either Satellite company, if you have their receiver at home, just take it with you in RV and plug up and connect to a satellite dish (either automatic or properly pointed)........and watch TV.

And it is WHJ469 above that blows my mind. Clearly they have figured out DISH and how to do the FLEX service. But just as clearly, there are many (of which I am the CEO and King), that can't make it work after multiple, separate tries. Probably 'cockpit error'......but too frustrating for me to deal with. Frustration is not why I go camping.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5rcd View Post
Does the Tailgater require authorization separate from your 3 receivers?

Can I just take my (I own it) VIP 211K, which I use in my spare bedroom at home, and am paying $5 per month extra for, on the road, and just plug it into a Tailgater dish and watch TV, or must I call in each time I want to go on the road? Of course I wouldn't expect to receive my local stations on the road, but that doesn't matter to me.

Is there a separate fee for using the tailgater?

Do I need to download some special software into the VIP 211K to make it work with the tailgater?

I'm not trying to beat Dish out of any revenue, since no one will be using my home receivers while I'm away, but just want to avoid the hassles outlined above.

If you have it already at home then yes just put it in the camper and hookup up to the tailgater!
No call necessary!

You just will not get your home locals after your out of your home area spotbeam
Old 04-20-2016, 12:19 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I shut my receiver off in October and have it turned back on in April.
No fuss no muss

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 04-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #20

We do have the Dish pay as you go Tailgater. We pay about $5 to keep our account open throughout the year. Whenever we start camping, we call to have our service activated, and at the end of the camping season in October, we call to close. We pay between $50-80 per month depending on what channels we want. With the college football season (ROLL TIDE ROLL!), we tend to pay more, thanks to my husband :/ lol

WHYJ469, I am surprised you are not billed the pro rated cost. They did that with us last year when we had our service turned on during the Memorial Day weekend. Interesting.

pulled by 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, service

« ANTS ?? | Sway Bar »