Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 06:43 PM   #41

I understand not everyone is going to have a great experience from every company, BUT i have been a Dish home customer for over 10 yrs and have NEVER had any issues with them, i use to have a second location and dish free of charge set up the second location with a dish and service, and all i did was take the receiver back and forth, and never had any issues.
I did ask at one point while with customer service what happen if i move from that location, and they said ( no problem as out satellites will know you moved, and stop the connection, so at that point will you call us, and we will relocate the box and you will be good to go.
There is a month to month service that you can start and stop at will , but it dose need to be configured for this from the start and if you have home service, you might have a issue if the account is not set up correctly in the beginning.
Hope this helps and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:54 PM   #42

Well..........

I have two DirectTV accounts. I have two 'homes'. One is our home here, and the other is the old farmhouse that wife inherited, that we visit every few weeks. I have a permanent dish there too. I just take the same receiver that I take camping, connect it to the tv that stays there, and I'm up and running.

Look.........the deal is simple. If you have one or the other, then stay with it for RV use. The account issue should be fine then.

It's when you do like I did..........have Direct at home and try to get the Flex service from DISH simply to get the automatic satellite like Pathway or Tailgater, that the account stuff gets messy. If you can figure that out, hey that's great. I blame no one but myself for not being able to do Dish right. But after blaming myself, I still ain't got TV!!! LOL

SO, I stay with what I have at home, Direct, and I'll By Gum learn how to point that Direct portable satellite!!

And I'm done with this one. Can't think of anything else to add. Sorry to have drug it out this long........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:44 PM   #43

Have DISH Tailgater/X1 pay by the month, stop paying in the fall service stops, call DISH in the spring give my customer number pay and get service. Haven't had any problems for more than 3 years. Gota love not hav'en to manually pointing the dish.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #44
jkoenig24

When I bought my Super C in May of 2014, the dealer recommended Dish. I called and was given a price per month and assured I would NOT pay for months I didn't use Dish service. All lies. After the first month, Dish jacked up the monthly rate and, started charging me $5 for the months I wasn't using Dish service. I canceled.

Last October while at the Hershey, PA RV Show, I spoke with Dish personnel. The line they were handing out was that there had been problems in the past but, they had been corrected. From all the post on this thread obviously, that is NOT the case. Dish sales staff apparently are free to tell whatever lies they need to close the sale. Dish billing department will charge whatever they think they can get away with.

I find that between my OTA antenna and, the 5TB hard drive I load with movies and TV series (that I get free from my library), I always have something I'm happy to watch when I want to watch (I don't care about sports at all. Sadly, too many athletes are, in my opinion, overpaid bums).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:52 AM   #45

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just 'pause' and 'restore' service from their website? Seems like it would be an easy option, then that would kill most of the headache with the 'Pay as you go' service.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #46

I would love that...and I wouldn't be surprised if they add it. I can do almost everything from their "chat" button on the web site though...and that alone puts them miles ahead of directv. I have been with both for over 10 years at different times. Dish is light years easier to communicate with unless you are threatening to cancel.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback 35ts View Post
I understand not everyone is going to have a great experience from every company, BUT i have been a Dish home customer for over 10 yrs and have NEVER had any issues with them, i use to have a second location and dish free of charge set up the second location with a dish and service, and all i did was take the receiver back and forth, and never had any issues.
I did ask at one point while with customer service what happen if i move from that location, and they said ( no problem as out satellites will know you moved, and stop the connection, so at that point will you call us, and we will relocate the box and you will be good to go.
There is a month to month service that you can start and stop at will , but it dose need to be configured for this from the start and if you have home service, you might have a issue if the account is not set up correctly in the beginning.
Hope this helps and Happy Camping
.deleted
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, service

« ANTS ?? | Sway Bar »