Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2016, 08:56 PM   #1

Disney or bust!

We're 4 hrs into our longest (by far) trip with our TT - Indy to Ft Wilderness at Disney.
Stopped at Renfro Valley KOA for the night as we couldn't leave until my wife got off work. Plan is to get to Tiftin or Valdosta GA tomorrow, then cruise on in to Disney Saturday morning.
Lots of wind., some heavy rain, and running lights went out on the TT as we got to the campground. Will have to clean contacts and check fuses in the AM.
Oh yea, pouring down rain while I did the hookup to elec and water, then abruptly stopped raining as soon as I was done. . .go figure.
Saw a LOT of RV traffic on I 74 and I 75. Florida's gonna be crowded!
Be safe y'all.
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Oh yea, pouring down rain while I did the hookup to elec and water, then abruptly stopped raining as soon as I was done. . .go figure.
That sounds like my luck. Sounds like a fun trip. Watch out for bad weather in south GA tomorrow. We're getting it here now. Enjoy
Old 03-31-2016, 09:40 PM   #3

Have a fun and a safe trip. We live so close to Disney that we hear the fireworks each night. Wave as you drive past.

Saturday afternoon weather doesn't look too great. Good chance you'll be setting up in the rain again but it will get better.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #4

Arrived in Valdesto, GA a short while ago. Lots of Atlanta traffic despite being there just after noon. Oh well - just part of it.
Drove through some rain again, but no real wind which was nice.
Got the lights working after cleaning contacts and replacing fuse. It was one of those new style Ford fuses, Carquest in Mt Vernon KY had exactly one of them in stock.
At Valdosta Oaks campground, just north of the town and RIGHT off the interstate. Nice enough place and very nice office staff.
Have about 3.5 hrs to Disney in the morning. Hopefully can check in early but not holding my breath.
Good evening all.
ProPride Hitch
Old 04-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #5

Just left Disney last Sunday. You can usually get right in if you are early there. We did and had 2 sites. Have a safe and fun trip.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:44 PM   #6

We are driving back from Disney to Cincinnati now, left at 10 this morning and haven't even made it to Jelico yet and it's almost midnight . We have hit nothing but traffic!! Good thing you are going South! Have fun in Disney, we will be back in May!
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM   #7

Got to Ft W around 11 am, we were able to check in and go straight to our site. Rained hard again on the way down, but no traffic issues at all. We took the I91 toll road and it was worth every penny.
We ended up in the 1400 loop, plenty of room to get in. Always takes me a second to back in to the right, but we got er.

All settled in tonight after Disney Springs (aka Downtown Disney) all afternoon. Off to the parks for the next 5 days!
ProPride Hitch
Old 04-02-2016, 07:50 PM   #8

Awesome. Wish I was there. We haven't been since 2008 but are scheduled to be there December 10.

Have a great time.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote