Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #1

Disney Wilderness Camp Ground

Any insight into Disney Wilderness Camp Ground.? Planning an April trip.
Damule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Great place. Loved staying there. Everything you could ever want to know and more can be found at Here. The people on fort fiends have crazy knowledge of the place. They also created an app with the dimensions of every campsite there. It lists the ease of backing into each site and has a picture of every site.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #3

Thank you asquared. Have a 35ft v-lite with two slides. Would it fit on the preferred sites or would I need the premium?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I would ask the guys at fort fiends what is best for you. I have only been once and it's been a little over a year now. I remember the 1300 loop road was narrow and tight to back in but the site was huge once I got into it.... I had a site rated difficult to back in on a tight turn.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #5

Thanks so much. I'm down loading the app now.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:14 AM   #6

It's expensive...and like everything else in Mickey rat world, designed to separate you from as much of your money as possible...as quickly as possible...The plastic parks will be crowded with anxious, hyper people trying to convince themselves that they really are having a good time...April in Florida is hot...that's compounded here in central Florida with unending urban sprawl and ridiculous traffic congestion. Don't say you weren't warned.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:34 AM   #7
Broke and happy

Bring your bikes, carts, scooter or whatever to get you to the boat landing..
bobfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 AM   #8

I would second the Fort Fiend web site, they offer the most help out there for Disney & camping there.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #9

I tried to locate the app an couldn't find it. How do I get to it?
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #10

Disney Wilderness Camp Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damule View Post
Thank you asquared. Have a 35ft v-lite with two slides. Would it fit on the preferred sites or would I need the premium?

My cousin stayed at a preferred site and I stayed at a premium site. If you could afford the extra cost I would highly recommend the premium site. Much more room. Each year we go to Florida after Christmas for the winter and kick it off with 2 weeks at Fort Wilderness. We reserve a premium site and love it. We try to get the 1200 loop. No matter where you stay it is the best. We stayed in a Montana 5th wheel.

Started Out With Nothing,
Still Have Most Of It Left!
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #11

Thanks everybody. Been there several times, never with the TT. Family loves it. I'm okay with it. But have found a renewed excitement at the thought of taking the trailer.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
DDC

Been there many times, never been on a site that was not good, as the years have passed we find that people's manners have diminished terribly, walking through your site has come to be the done thing, but it is still a great place as is the whole Disney experience, have a great time.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #13

Was looking at something like this in the next year trying to get any info in regards to pets. Looking for like a pet daycare so we can do our thing during the day any ideas?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #14
fmc

Take a LOT of money with you! You'll need it!
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #15
DDC

Disney has a place not far from the fort, I believe they do overnight and day care also.
Best Friends Pet Care
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #16

We have been going every year for the past 35 years (some times twice a year). Is it expensive, it depends. The campground, we feel, is reasonable for what you get. The admission to the park is reasonable for what you get. If you buy food at the park, it can get expensive but there are places, like The Liberty Tree Tavern, that we feel is reasonable. It is served family style and it is all you can eat. When you are in the parks, they are almost spotless. You get fireworks every night, light parades at night, parades during the day and friendly employees. Is this worth a little extra, in our opinion it is and why we keep going back.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #17

We live in Atlanta Ga and head to the fort 3 times a year for 10 days. in fact just got done making fast pass reservations last night for our thanksgiving trip. I have a 42 foot 5er and we stay in the premium sites. I would highly suggest with your rig to stay in the premium sites. Its well worth the extra money. On the preferred sites there is a small cement pad with sand around it and the sites are closer together. The premium sites have double the concrete and pine straw, nice picnic table and are generally closer the the main pool. Disney has given me some bad sites before. IF you don't like your site ask them to move you.
Do rent a golf cart as there is no parking in the campground. I have 4 boys middle school and high school. They all love it. Almost anything you want to do disney has. We charter boat fish on the lakes and it is awesome!!! 20 large mouth bass in 2 hours!!!
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Disney has a place not far from the fort, I believe they do overnight and day care also.
Best Friends Pet Care
Looked it up it should do very well going to have to do this for every place we go so its nice to see this one when I looked them up their site showed places all over the Eastern US that will help a lot.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #19

My wife and I love Fort Wilderness. You don't have to drive anywhere to get to any of the parks, and everything you would need for entertainment is at the campground. We go there at least once a year. Bath houses are extremely nice and clean as well and are in close proximity to most campsites.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #20

We went to Disney a few years ago. Stayed in one of the hotels. Next time will be in a camper. If you get a meal plan, you really don't need to spend that much once you get there. We bought the kids a couple souvenirs and we ended up having to buy our breakfast the last day. We used the hotel room for sleeping and bathing, so using the camper will be great.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
blsst16 is offline   Reply With Quote