Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
mkekflyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ft Myers FL
Posts: 214
Lots of good advice for The Fort, Iíll add to park planning...get tickets soon, as soon as you can, when they arrive, or you get your confirmation, plan your park days. Then, get ďfast passesĒ for those big rides in each park that you really donít want to miss (max three - per park per day until you use the third one). If itís your first visit, you will want to experience EVERYTHING! Not possible...you will get tired and regret going there, donít want to do that. Plan your time with cushion between attractions /rides etc. Read all the literature you can get on each park to get familiar with their attractions & layout. On the maps, things donít look that far apart..they are! The parks are huge, so plan accordingly. Wear comfortable clothes and tennies..flip flops are not a good fit your feet will hate you before days end...take a small backpack with water & even a few snack items for that break mid afternoon. Food, as with everything at WDW is expensive so plan accordingly. Disney has a new upgraded app you will want to get. Letís you track tickets, fast passes, show times, wait times, has a GPS capability in the maps section so you can see exactly where you are at any given time (uses a lot of battery if left on all the time). If you can, donít do a park every day, take at least one down day and veg at a pool, or Disney springs..most of all take your time and take in all the sights & sounds of each park, thereís a lot there thatís easily missed if your too busy running to the next thing...enjoy...
__________________

__________________
2018 Georgetown 378 XL
2012 Ford Edge TOAD
Blue Ox & RVIBrake
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64;
2017 - 93, 2018 - 224, 2019 - 10
mkekflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
raforan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sussex County Delaware
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey1 View Post
Planning to go in the spring of 2019, but before I finish these reservations, I am asking anyone who has been there for advice:

- Good time to check in there?
- Anything on discounts for the campground?
- Good location at the campground I should ask for?
- Leaving from Northern VA and will make one stop before Orlando, any good
campgrounds to stop along 95 before Jacksonville, FL? (With heated pool
and/or hot tubes have two teen kids).

Thanks
We go annually to the Fort and this is our experience. We love it. we have four children ranging from 4 to 12 and we have a 2016 freedom express 31se bunk house. traveling from delaware and usually stop at RVaction off 95 in salem NC its $25 a night for full hook up and we did not make a reservation just pulled in an paid. and its about 6 hours from home. once we depart there we drive about another 6 hours to Camp Lake Jasper off 95 near Hilton Head SC where they offer military and Good sam discounts. we leave the next day and head to fort wilderness. we do the precheck-in which saves alot of time. it is a pull through check in process and head to our camp site. we get the full hook up because the premium camp sites i feel you do not get as much room as the full hook ups with the same patio behind you. and its close to the bus stops at the front of the campground. they pool is really nice there and you take a bus up to the settlement for the hoopty doo musical review and the boat to magic kingdom. it is an older campground so the roads are a little tight and if someone parks on the site infront of you on an angle it can be a pain in the butt to back in your site usually a 8 point turn for me to get it right. if you break down the cost of the campground with dining plan and park tickets its about 5300 for my family compared to a hotel if we went would be around 10k. roughly a $100 a night for just the camp site. on the way home we will repeat our route at campgrounds or just drive as long as i can last time it was 18hrs straight home. hope this helps. we take the Chesapeake bay tunnel down from route 50
__________________

__________________
2011 Coachmen Cattalina 26bh SOLD
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 31SE
2006 GMC 3500 Duramax Dually
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:26 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkekflyers View Post
Lots of good advice for The Fort, Iíll add to park planning...get tickets soon, as soon as you can, when they arrive, or you get your confirmation, plan your park days. Then, get ďfast passesĒ for those big rides in each park that you really donít want to miss (max three - per park per day until you use the third one). If itís your first visit, you will want to experience EVERYTHING! Not possible...you will get tired and regret going there, donít want to do that. Plan your time with cushion between attractions /rides etc. Read all the literature you can get on each park to get familiar with their attractions & layout. On the maps, things donít look that far apart..they are! The parks are huge, so plan accordingly. Wear comfortable clothes and tennies..flip flops are not a good fit your feet will hate you before days end...take a small backpack with water & even a few snack items for that break mid afternoon. Food, as with everything at WDW is expensive so plan accordingly. Disney has a new upgraded app you will want to get. Letís you track tickets, fast passes, show times, wait times, has a GPS capability in the maps section so you can see exactly where you are at any given time (uses a lot of battery if left on all the time). If you can, donít do a park every day, take at least one down day and veg at a pool, or Disney springs..most of all take your time and take in all the sights & sounds of each park, thereís a lot there thatís easily missed if your too busy running to the next thing...enjoy...


We have Park Hopper tickets but we wouldnít even visit the parks but for these tickets. I had much rather spend the money on a golf cart than on tickets to the parks. Especially if I was taking great granddaughter. She doesnít like the characters anyway. DW would rather ride the golf cart and look for wildlife. The restaurants are way overrated to me.
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
Get the APP :Sites at Fort Wilderness" It will show you the sites, sizes and pictures. The sites near the lake docks and store are walking distance and are very popular, but some can be a challenge to back a large rig. Narrow roads lots of curves and TV parked out in road makes it tough on many sites. I would probably stay closer to the bus terminal (More Deer) and just ride bikes around campground. The electric boat parade at night is fantastic.
jandacamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 6,393
DW doesnít ride bikes. When is the best time to rent golf carts? Can you rent golf carts off site?
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
raforan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sussex County Delaware
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
DW doesnít ride bikes. When is the best time to rent golf carts? Can you rent golf carts off site?
yes, there are a few outfits that will truck in golf carts to rent, a quick google search shoes "golf cart rentals orlando" i remember seeing third party companies bringing them in but cant really remember the name of them. hope this helps
__________________
2011 Coachmen Cattalina 26bh SOLD
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express 31SE
2006 GMC 3500 Duramax Dually
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by raforan View Post
yes, there are a few outfits that will truck in golf carts to rent, a quick google search shoes "golf cart rentals orlando" i remember seeing third party companies bringing them in but cant really remember the name of them. hope this helps
Most of them are not allowed to bring them in any more. The last one we did we had to pick it up and drop it off they even hook up and unhook the trailer.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:05 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
There is a great app. FortFriends.net /Ft.Wilderness Sites. It shows every campsite in fort wilderness, the length of the drive ways and the difficulty of getting into the sites. Ive camped there every year from 1979 to 2015. Closest way to get to the Magic Kingdom. If your on a budget don't rent the golf carts. there $60+ dollars a day.
Mannygok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:38 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
CRL1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 131
Check out the "Disney Campers" group on Facebook
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:51 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 7
We are there now. 100 loop, site 109. Close to boat transport, Trails End restaurant and camp store. Saved the cost of the golf cart.
__________________

Toppans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.