Old 05-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #21
Red Roof Inn and Motel 6 are both pet friendly. Just announce it at check-in.

Hector517 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #22
Dogs at motels

Originally Posted by hrqueen View Post
We did our first winter travel last year, leaving in January. We are from MN so both coming and going we needed to stay in hotels along the way. We really want to get another dog and are looking at a medium size one. It seemed stressful enough to try and find hotels that had room to park our 5th wheel and truck and with a dog we are just not sure how big a deal it is. Would really appreciate some feedback on this.

We lost our dog about a year ago and just now are thinking we need to get another.
We had a medium sized miniature poodle and found that many motels would allow them if you asked despite the fact they had signs behind the desk saying dogs not allowed. They may ask for a damage deposit but quite often will allow them. They just don't want people sneaking them in the back door and being irresponsible pet owners.

rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:32 PM   #23
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
You pretty much have to check with each hotel. Within a given brand some allow them, some don't. Some charge a fee. We've had our best results with LaQuinta.
Same here. When we do use motels, we book La Quinta because they welcome our fur babies and don't charge extra like most of them do. The others charge just like they were going to eat the breakfast or take a shower.
glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #24
Guess you have to ask the hotel. If you have an RV why stay in a hotel??
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #25
La Quinta and Motel 6 are pet friendly. The only problem I have had was in a La Quinta and it was not with the management. It was a fellow customer complaining about my big dog while I was walking him through the lobby on my way to the elevator. If someone else has a pet in the elevator, I just wait for the next one. Just in case they don't like each other.
Chuck & Denise + Pata a.k.a the campground Gladys Karvitz
He is a picker, photographer, hiker. She is a quilter.
Both big nature lovers.
2015 23BD Grey Wolf, 2012 Chevy Silverado 1500
2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights
Life is short
mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #26
You had me going there for a moment... I thought at first you meant a Georgia fan.
XLR Hyperlite 29HFS
Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Triumph Thunderbird

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:10 PM   #27
La Quinta is great for pets, very accommodating. Alot of Motel 6 will take pets. I use the app hotel tonight and most hotels will have a listing on if they allow pets. Another chain that allows is Red Roof Inn, no extra fee. Just google hotel chains that allow pets, and you can easily get lists. La Quinta is our preferred by far.
Pam & Steve &
Jingle the traveling cat

2006 Lexington 283GTS
towing a Harley or a Vue
frogsandhogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #28
2015 FR3 25DS
Motel 6, La Quinta, Sheraton, W, Best Western (most), Holiday Inn Express (most)... lots of hotels allow pets! Some charge pet fees, some have size/number of pet limits. We've had several cross-country moves and trips with our pets and have generally relied on Motel 6- not fancy, but they're clean, they're everywhere, they're cheap, and we've never had them blink an eye at two large dogs and a cat.
That said, the one time we stayed at a Sheraton they offered us a litter box, bowls, had no problem with us leaving the cat loose in the room while we walked the dogs, and offered us pooch snacks with our room service order, so if you can swing the cost, that's was fun!

ETA: Motel 6 also never blinked over our cat being obviously left alone in the room either (we walked the dogs right by the desk after having brought the cat and litter box in from the car)- so I didn't mean to imply they took issue with that.
Newbies in an FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #29
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
You pretty much have to check with each hotel. Within a given brand some allow them, some don't. Some charge a fee. We've had our best results with LaQuinta.
X2 LaQuinta is great. They don't charge extra for pets. You just need to let them know when you check in that you are traveling with a dog, or cats, like we do.
2017 Wildcat Maxx 26BHS
2016 Rockwood MiniLite 2503S (2015-2016)
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #30
Agreed, check internet first for pet friendly hotels and their pet policies. Many discriminate against larger dogs or have ridiculously expensive non refundable cleaning fees. It irritates me that many won't allow larger dogs and they are much better behaved in general. They aren't yippy, destructive and less likely to have "accidents." I know, I have a dog boarding business. I bought my RV so that I can travel alot easier with my dogs and not have to worry about them.

mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote