Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #101
we lleave ours in the oven most of the times, but we kept the box and packing that it came in and we repack it in that if need be

ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #102
When DW and I bought our first RV nine years ago it was suggested to us to look for one without an oven. Waste of space we were told by my SIL. First rig did have one but was never used. Currant rig has an oven also and when we bought it we would of preferred the convection micro but that wasn't going to stop us from finding a rig to fit our needs. Last October while camping in the Finger Lakes region of NYS (wine country) my wife asked me to light the oven, she wanted to make an egg frittata. Easy to light and the frittata was excellent! DW got a kick out of using the oven and another convenience item of our rig, and another aside was how well it heated up the rig on a 30 degree gloomy morning. I am now confident this camping season will see us use the oven often now that we aren't virgins from it, especially with frittata's. I can also see biscuits being made because now it is embedded in my mind from this thread, lol! Yes we have a pizza stone at home we can take with us, but I may pick one up to leave in the RV or you can use patio pavers as unglazed stones sold in many sizes at home improvement stores like Home Depot.

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #103
[QUOTE=RiverBird;805444]Pizza stone trick is everything. Great biscuits and brownies. We use our oven every trip

We agree with the above. Pizza stone made all of the difference. You can bake whateve will fit in your oven with the stone. Just check it while baking to not be disappointed with the results.
5thwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #104
Engineer of Crazy Train
Our new trailer has an oven. We will be buying a pizza stone for it.
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #105
An oven was on the must-have list when we started looking. We use the oven on every single camping trip. From baking cinnamon buns or cookies (c'mon, you are missing out on life if you don't bake cookies while camping once in awhile) to roasting a nice chunk of meat, to keeping food items warm while preparing meals ( we use the oven as a warmer pretty much every trip out).
I couldn't imagine not having an oven. We have no microwave, and have no plans to install one as we hardly ever use one.
"Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home"
Days camped in 2014 - 35
Days camped so far in 2015 - 30
trikebubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #106
tater tots for breakfast... and then use it to store pots and pans
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #107
Can someone please post a pic of the stone placement when they get a chance?
David & Carolyn, accompanied by
Cocoa & Shae, the Miniature Schnauzer sisters

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #108
Mod free 5er
Bought one 2 yrs ago and have no idea where it is stored, never used it as the oven is used for storage only. I guess I'll have to start beating TOWTA again. (make it an even once)
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #109
I use the oven a lot and I always have had an RV with one, except a motor home about 12 years ago with a convection/ microwave. I never could get the hang of that . I need my oven for biscuits & cookies & cakes ! I use an induction cooktop( my daughter bought it for us for the RV) I use the oven also to store my teapot that I use for my Melita drip coffee pot ,when we have no electricity, and a large fry pan. I have a pampered chef baking stone(rectangle) that I have used in 3 trailers! I can't wait to get to put it in my new Flagstaff fiver, Wednesday,I hope!!
Clevengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:30 PM   #110
Originally Posted by Bunkhouse View Post
Can someone please post a pic of the stone placement when they get a chance?
Place it in the center of the oven on top of the burner plate under the rack.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote