Old 01-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #11
I don't carry a printer and can count 2 times that it would have been useful. One of those times I just made due; the other I went to the local UPS Store and printed my documents there (and then had them notarized by the clerk and finally had them shipped overnight back). It was a 1-stop shop.

Otherwise, most places are willing to accept info directly from my smartphone from coupons to tickets.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 PM   #12
We have carried a small, inexpensive printer for several years on most trips. Originally it was because I was a volunteer treasurer for nonprofit and could write checks on the road. (Call me crazy). Now my wife is treasurer if a different nonprofit so she uses the printer. It is light and doesn't require much space.

One night we were at the KOA outside Yosemite and I was set up on the picnic table with the laptop, printer and several lights. The folks next to us from Germany in a rented RV were really cracking up because I was "working" on vacation.

coupevillefish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:46 PM   #13
We carry the same apple 21" desktop OS X and epson xp410 printer/scanner unit in ours that I'm useing right now in the house.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 AM   #14
(Dry Huunday)
Hmm.....never thought about taking one but I could see where it could come in handy at times. We already carry the laptop, so why not a printer!

Time to do some printer shoppin!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
We have a HP 5510 photosmart on board and store it comfortably on the floor of the closet when not in use. It prints great as well as scanning very well with ease of performance.
We pay some bills the old fashioned way...with a check. I like to feel the money passing through my hands.
We also print off investment ideas for a binder I keep with notes.
It had been stored in the closet for 4 months when the RV was in storage...then when we plugged it in on a cold freezing night on our way from Chicago to started rit up and printed clearly. I wouldn't travel without it.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:59 AM   #16
Agree. HP ENVY 5550. Which has paper going in bottom front and coming out bottom front to save space. I use it lots more than I thought I would. All wireless but no fax so I have to use the e-mail bit.
nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #17

We carry a Cannon Pixma 110. Small and compact. Works great and is a very good quality printer, We have had it for 3 years now, Been pounded down the Alaska highway a few time a still works perfect, LOL
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #18
Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
Yes as nosaint pointed out, the 5510 is front end loading and front end exiting for minimal space usage. I was amazed the jets didn't dry up from lack of use but after months of storage it started right up. Size wise it is 6"x 13" x17" so it does not take up much space.
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:19 PM   #19
We have a a copy scanner printer combo with us when traveling. I do lot of photography and like to have option to print out a photo for friends as well myself, have hooked to my laptop which I download photos to save and print.
Bernies4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:25 PM   #20
Has anyone tried this model: Brother HL-L2300D Monochrome Laser Printer.
We have trouble with inks drying up-with so little printing being done regularly- that we're thinking to go to a b/w (monochrome) laser printer. *Brother* seems to have a good rep.
Already planning for over 4 months on the road in 2015 so a printer seems like a good addition.
This little Canon is another--and today available for $44.95 !!!! Canon LBP6030W Wireless Monochrome Printer; though not sure I could setup a wireless system in the rig.
Had thought about scanner/printer--but have just started using a smartphone app that seems pretty decent, and may eliminate the rare need for a scanner on board. Thanks!

2014 8528 IKWS
Ford F-250 Diesel
Cassie the therapy dog and Cricket the Cairn
Long Leaf Piners is offline   Reply With Quote