Old 01-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #21

We too carry the inexpensive Canon, about $30. I have printed photos when with the grandchildren and they look great. Printing a couple of discount coupons has already covered the cost of the printer. It is extremely light weight as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9ID View Post
We are heading out soon for 2 1/2 months in a much warmer place (it is currently 0 degrees F heading toward -10F in northern Indiana). I can think of a couple of reasons it would be nice to have a printer in the RV. We might want to print out tickets that were purchased online, or something like that. What has your experience been? Have you wanted / needed a printer and wished you had one/ Have you hauled a printer along on a long trip and never used it? Do most RV park offices have printers you can use?

As always, any advice would be appreciated.

Mike
I've always had one with us don't want wireless one then have to have a router in line to make work. Don't need a fax cause I use Adobe sign and send for docs.

Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #23

We carry a wireless HP printer which lets us use the laptop or iPads . It's small cheap and over the last five years has done the job. Really like the convenience of being able to copy or scan a document when needed. We winter down south for 5 months, and I consider it an essential tool.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #24

I bring a Brother HL-2280DW monochrome Laser printer when we travel for a week or more. It's come in handy and is wired\wireless. It's relatively small and portable for what it can do. I got it at Staples, a reconditioned model for $69.00 after rebate.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #25
Team Bleu

Yup, sure do, one of things I bought (wireless) and sits in an upper cabinet. I train and compete Agility Dogs, so while I'm on the road Runnings, confirmations, etc need to be printed. Wouldn't be without it
Old 01-14-2015, 02:37 PM   #26

We carry a Kodak printer with spare ink, etc.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:15 PM   #27

We also would never be without a printer. I think we use it as much if not more than at home. We just take our home printer, an hp photosmart printer/scanner/copier when we go for 2-3 months. If we were to buy a dedicated rv printer we'd look for something smaller. Our Columbus 32 is our first rv that's not had a dedicated desk for computer/printer. We use the dresser top for the mac all-in-one and just lay it on the bed when traveling. The printer lives in the closet on top of a drawer unit. Otherwise wasted space and it's never moved during travel. We print good close up google map/earth photos of our next destination. A great aid to the gps as you have a visual of the area with landmarks making it easy to verify your next turn.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #28
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
One of the best printers out there for RV'er is this:
Amazon.com: HP Envy 4500 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner and Copier: Electronics

Not only a printer, but a scanner to boot (which is handy - although a scanner for your SmartPhone is just as good)

If you are looking for a Dinky printer that is high quality and cost is not a object, I have a couple of friends that got this one:
Amazon.com: CANON PIXMA iP110 Wireless Mobile Printer With Airprint(TM) And Cloud Compatible: Electronics
X2 - have the same printer (The HP Envy 4502) and it works really well when I use my IPhone hotspot to set up a network with my laptop. You can even print from your iphone directly
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawapaul View Post
We carry a wireless HP printer which lets us use the laptop or iPads . It's small cheap and over the last five years has done the job. Really like the convenience of being able to copy or scan a document when needed. We winter down south for 5 months, and I consider it an essential tool.
With my old printer couldn't talk to it with laptop Best buy geek said i need a router well to no avail it fell on the floor broke the lid so i got a canon no wireless like hard wire anyway.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

We have a HP front loader scanner/ printer that fits in a upper cabinet. Like to have hard copies of maps, reservations, or places of interest when traveling. It seems that when you need something on the go the wifi /Iphone is out of range.

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is online now   Reply With Quote