Old 08-17-2015, 11:16 PM   #91

They all have a personality, but this one is behaving very civilized (see sig.)

Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #92

I really like our 2016 26DBH Grey Wolf which is our first RV! Did have to take it back to the dealer to fix a kinked water line and I had to fix the fridge which wasn't working on propane. We've had it less than 2 months and already have about 4,000 miles on it.

I've replaced all bulbs with LED, setup a TPMS and installed a backup camera, four 6 volt batteries to replace the one 12v, 2nd outside input for satellite into the bedroom and a 2000 (4,000max) watt inverter with 30amp outside plug.

Next spring I plan to install a 400watt solar setup and will probably replace the China Bombs! lol

Old 08-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #93

At this time our answer would be a definite "no" for our 2016 FRF 2401 W MBS. Today is day 15 of ownership and it has been nothing but one major problem after another and ZERO assistance from the selling dealer and/or FRF to assist.
Literally, over 100 hours being run around trying to get fatal flaws fixed....Lights, drains, slide out X2..... Very unfortunate, but we are beginning our investigation as to legal remedies.

I would love nothing more than to change my mind and opinion, but at this time I would encourage anyone to RUN...not walk from "at least" our FR model.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bums View Post
At this time our answer would be a definite "no" for our 2016 FRF 2401 W MBS. Today is day 15 of ownership and it has been nothing but one major problem after another and ZERO assistance from the selling dealer and/or FRF to assist.
Literally, over 100 hours being run around trying to get fatal flaws fixed....Lights, drains, slide out X2..... Very unfortunate, but we are beginning our investigation as to legal remedies.

I would love nothing more than to change my mind and opinion, but at this time I would encourage anyone to RUN...not walk from "at least" our FR model.
Can you put a BIG "Lemon" sign on it and park it across the street from the dealer ?
Old 08-18-2015, 12:50 PM   #95

On the pup side, not so much love for the 2015 2514G. Definitely a step down from the Coleman Utah we traded. No way the FR will hold up as long. I do not recall having to fix things so early in the game. So far nothing major enough to be worth a dealer visit for warranty work. Some of the differences are irritating implementations, rather than 'wrong' ones.
Underthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #96

Happy camper!

So far we love our little Wildwood x-lite 231rbxl. She's a good girl and we're enjoying the experience very much! I'm kinda glad we didn't pay big bucks for something that could possibly give so much grief, it seems the more bells and whistles there are, the higher likelihood that things can and do go wrong. I don't think we'll EVER upgrade to a bigger fancier product, I'm having too much fun with what we have. We're vigilant about maintenance, keep her stored out of the elements and understand her workings well enough to take care of things that may come up. And the mods, oh how I love doing mods!

I do take to heart the 'horror' stories, especially about the tires, so we decided to replace them before our big Florida trip this September. The RV Service company we chose (we decided not to use the dealership we bought from) said the OEM tires were already showing wear so we're glad we decided to take care of that. They also repacked the bearings and did an overall inspection of the trailer and they said everything looked great!

Here's hoping we are able to enjoy many more years of camping with our little Wildwood.
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #97

Love our Salem Hemisphere 346QBUD. Taken several long trips and have lived in at least a 100 days each year. Planning to fly south this winter. Will say the tire flares are a tad flimsy. One lost its bracket and was flapping in the breeze as we drove. Nothing duct tape couldn't handle. Got it fixed at our camping destination. Also, since we lean on table to get up and sit down, the screws came out if the floor for table. We didn't screw it back in. Decided since it's the two of us the majority of the time, we used the chair straps to anchor the table. Works for us! Only probs we've had so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #98

We love our Coachmen 254 DSX. We have had it a year with no real problems. We toured the Coachmen plant about a week ago and were very impressed with their quality checking. This is our 2nd Coachmen. The other was a Sportcoach Cross Country motor home which we were also very satisfied with. We can definitely recommend their products.

Lee and Mick
Old 08-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #99

Just knowing that I don't have a wooden floor to rot out makes me feel all fuzzy inside. No wood anywhere and a rock solid fiberglass roof.
We had the normal nit-pick problems with it when we bought it, but I fixed all that AND added several mods. I love working on it! Also went to 600 watts of solar and an inverter.
The only regret is it came with a Carefree electric awning that has been a problem and since replaced.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #100

We love our Forester. Had a few bugs at the beginning, but seems fine now. Just completed a 2000 mile trip with no issues. We go camping as much as possible. Love it.