Old 07-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #61
With our first Forest River camper I guess we got very lucky. It was a Rockwood and we had no issues or problems with it. We went bigger and better, or so we thought and bought a 2014 Palomino Sabre 5th wheel. Unfortunately there have been alot of problems/issues with it. The most serious being the fresh water tank that wouldn't fill because the vent line was completely kinked at the top of the tank. Plus it leaked because the fittings on the tank were loose. The water line back to the water pump was kinked also. The forward gray water tank leaked because the fittings were not glued properly. Had a brake wiring harness NHTSA recall on it. Window coverings that fell off the walls during travel. Cabinet door hinges seizing up so tight that they pull the screws out of the wood. Drawer closures that fell off because they were mounted wrong. Inside Grab handles by the entry door that fell off the wall because the holes in the wall were stripped out. Sag in the bathroom ceiling above the toilet to where the cabinet door hits and scrapes on the light. Had to take the lens off the light in order to use the cabinet. The list goes on. I have fixed all of these issues myself so far instead of running to the dealer every weekend. I think I have more hours fixing than camping so far this year. We just take it to the campground and I work on some of the stuff there, so we can at least use it. We really liked this camper and layout when we first found it. Needless to say, disappointment and liking it less are at the top of the list right now. (2014 Sabre 32BHOK)

JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #62
We love our Rockwood!! We researched for well over a year for the floorplan that suited us. Rockwood fit the bill. We really weren't set on a manufacturer, since this was our first RV purchase. We've done a lot of "creature comfort" mods and it is almost to the point where it's perfect! We love everything about it, and more importantly, we love the lifestyle. It's a very sad day when we have to shut it down for the winter. I get very depressed seeing it outside covered in snow and ice, knowing we can't use it for months on end.

2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #63
Our 2014 3010DSF Sunseeker had some major issues when we got it, Back to the factory twice and dealer 3 times total of 73 days in service, Only 2 days at the factory most problems and delays were the dealers not doing anything or ordering parts, Once Forest River got involved it was taken care of vey quicky and to our satisfaction. Took about a year to get the bugs all worked out, But now its great, Love the MH . We would buy andother FR unit, They showed us that they do stand behind there product and want to make the customer happy.
Kevin & Judy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM   #64
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
We are on are 2nd V-lite and have so far liked each one. Yes we had issues but miner so far. Hated to trade for our newest one because we had every thing fixed. Now we start over. We will be in Goshen and have gave them a list so we shall see what gets fixed. Other wise we will be back at the dealers to finish warranty work.

Saw a reply to this thread about FR builds but they don't ask for input or are not campers. From what I gathered at the Frog event in Ohio from Bob, the Pres does take these things out to try. How ever it maybe just MH not sure on others. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #65
Worst investment we ever made. We still camp, but deal with some kind of problem every trip. It is really sucking all the fun out of camping for us. Will never buy Forest River again. All the issues we have had and they have never stepped up to the plate in an effort to make us happy campers.
ktmpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:59 PM   #66
We love our sunseeker! I( Dottie) have stayed for months in it in ID and WY in Fall and Summer without problems and have over 6000 mi on it. Only snag has been "chintzy "fender flares ( see Sunseeker forum thread)' but I love that I can drive it!
2014 Sunseeker
3170ds (Suzuki Samurai 1986 toad)
Gary and Dottie, fur babies Doodle(corgi) and Beau(yellow lab)
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:29 PM   #67
I'm glad to see most of us understand the issues a new one may have. I know it must be worse on the folks that can't make a lot of there own repairs and are at the mercy of the incompetent dealers. I know if I wasn't able to make all my own repairs I would have felt taken to the cleaners. Fortunately that wasn't my case and I resolved all our issues with ours myself. To bad this industry isn't more like the auto industry cause if it was there would be a lot more happy campers.
Going to camp in ours tonight and shot fireworks!!! Happy Camping and Happy Independence Day!!! 2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
Love It!!!
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #68
Originally Posted by rdenslow View Post
We have had Thor products, Fleetwood Products, and now our first Forest River 5er. Each time we trade we trade for a nicer line. Something furnished a bit better with a modern and appealing floor plan so it's not really fair for me to say that my Salem is head and shoulders better than my last Fleetwood unit, they are not on the same level from the beginning.
In my experience however, your dealer is the deciding factor if you will be pleased or not with any trailer. Every unit I have ever purchased has needed something taken care of within the first few months. If the dealer values your time and makes quality repairs, you will leave still in love with your purchase. If the dealer drags his feet, makes excuses, and is hard to work with, the machine sucks!!!
Totally agree! Not only do you have to pick a good unit, but the dealer is what makes it a great unit!
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #69
Originally Posted by BusyRetirees View Post
It is not so much as things wrong as it is with FR and its' dealers dragging their feet on repairing warranty issues. We love our fiver on the road and camping, not at a dealer for months on end waiting for parts from FR. Also I would like to kick whoever designs these RVs. There are obviously not RVers. FR should ask us for input on designing RVs. We would give them good and practical ideas. My 2 cents worth.
I totally agree with you. It would seem a very good idea for mfg.s to request ideas to make RVing better from the owners of their RVs. I also would like to input some designing RVs ideas.
utahlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #70
We really enjoy our Forester 3051. Only had for a month and half, so far everything is in good working order. We bought it because of they layout and had everything we wanted in a motorhome. Looked at others and they were just OK in comparision. Looking forward to having fun with it for a long time.

2016 Forester 3051S
Cariley is offline   Reply With Quote