Old 08-13-2015, 07:05 PM   #81
I like my Sunseeker but you get what you pay for people need to understand that when spending there money if you spend less than hundred thousand you are not going to get a well built motor home,that is not much money in coach standards but that will get you a nice fifth wheel but you still expect the company to stand behind their product no matter what you pay

i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #82
No matter what the price or what kind of RV it is, ALL of the sales brochures you see talk about their "Quality" of workmanship, etc. , no matter what your buying.

JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #83
Your bw tank probably isn't leaking but the valve probably is. Can't really blame fr for the tire issue. Put a bayonet valve at the end of the drain pipe and that problem is solved. Inexpensive fix. All brands have tire issues.
larryo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #84
Do you like your FR

You are right about the brochures but if they said they are junk would you spend your money on that brand I have had 6 new rv's and 5 different manufactures they all are made with the same products some are just made slower and bigger and the price range widens
Boso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #85
Love our Forester 2451s. Had a few issues to start, but a year old now and all seems fine. Really like the size and floor plan. 437 days till retirement and then off to wander the US!
Forester 2451s
Wandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:20 AM   #86
We had Sierra travel trailer and DW wanted to kill me when I traded for a fifth wheel. I traded for a Wildcat Sterling and it was a beautiful camper, I ordered it from the factory and it must have been built on a Monday by workers that came to work drunk had a party and got really drunk. Me and the dealer kept camper for ten months, I had a trip planned for Yellowstone and I traded for a 30RL Cedar Creek, great camper. Traded the 30RL for a 32RL Cedar Creek and both have been great camper's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #87
We love our Rockwood Windjammer 3029W. We were not in the market for a new RV when we bought it. All we needed was a new awning for our 2010 bunkhouse as our original awning was destroyed during a storm. We went to our local dealer, three miles away, to fill out paperwork for an insurance repair and after we were done, when I was opening the door to my truck, my wife says "can we look inside of this camper?" We did. This camper was so perfect for us, we worked a deal out that day and picked it up a week later. We have absolutely zero buyer's remorse. Our new camper is 100% perfect.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:54 AM   #88
I have stated here before. We like/love our Puma 5er. I have had some issues, but all have been appliances and accessories. A/C blower wheel, inventor charger, furnace, LP regulator, refrigerator(not cold enough), tank monitor, etc... Most of the work I have done has been mods. I have many more planned. Thank you FRF. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:15 AM   #89
In 2014 we bought a gently used 2011 PT Tracer partly because the newer ones, built after the economic recovery, appear more like they have been thrown-together to meet increasing production quotas. Evidence: Went to local dealers & asked to view TT's that had just arrived on the lot - before they had a chance to clean them up... Sawdust everywhere. Staples sticking out everywhere. Trim pieces misaligned. What really bothers me is how they just use staples to hold wood/wood joints together vs. adding a little glue... The Keystone (Thor) products looked worse than FR, especially their low-end Passport lineup...

Also, I purposefully looked at new & used TT's during heavy rains & noticed that even new ones leaked. One new TT was leaking badly... I was only in it for a few minutes, but I'm sure at least 1/2 gallon ran across the dinette floor & into the dinette slide area... The salesperson made sure all of the windows & vents were closed but it continued to leak... They put in a work order to have that one repaired but even if they stopped the leak, the future owner would be buying a "new" TT that already had serious water penetration.

In comparison, my 2011 was bone-dry, same rain storm... I took a flashlight & looked behind every access panel for signs of prior water damage. I guess one good thing about them leaving so much sawdust behind is that it helps you check for signs of prior leaks... The original sawdust was still dry & spread evenly - not clumped like when it gets wet, so I knew my used TT had no water penetration in those areas...

Before driving off the lot (with a used TT & no warranty) I had spent 2 hours in the TT alone & 2.5 hours with the service crew during the PDI. They did a full pressure test & re-caulk (free), adjusted the slide-outs & awning brackets, replaced the CO2 detector, battery & filled the propane tanks. They glued-down loose trim pieces (as requested by me) and did other minor tweaks.

We have now camped for 2 seasons, over 60 days, without any serious issues (not caused by me). Early-on I replaced the China Bombs with Maxxis & swapped-in a new, comfy mattress. I also added MaxxAir fans front & back, and LED lights. Even with those additions, I could still replace the A/C, fridge, tongue jack, etc. and still be money-ahead vs. buying new...
2011 RAM 2500 ST Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
2011 Primetime 3150BHD Touring Edition
Days camped in 2016-36
Days camped in 2015-37; Days camped in 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #90
Our Forest River trailer is our third trailer now, which we recently bought a hardly used Salem 403FB, and other than a number of freshwater line connection leaks (suspect improper winterizing), we are liking it quite well.

The only complaint we have is that after having a highly insulated trailer previously, the FR is harder to keep cool and the A/C runs more ... dense styrofoam panels insulated better than the small bit of fiberglass in the FR walls.

2009 Salem PT 403FB
2005 Ford XLT Supercrew
Cookies & Chips is offline   Reply With Quote