Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #41

I'd have to say yes. 31 nights this year. Hopefully more in the future as our kid's activities demand less from us. My 15 year coaching career is coming to an end. I think.
bobcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #42
Take The Road Less Travld

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDad01 View Post
We purchased our first TT this year and ended up going on 4 trips and one more to go next weekend for a total of 15 nights. Next year I'm targeting to push 20+ nights, which I think is a good amount with kids in school and one kid in fall sports.
You are doing just a little better than me. We only have about 4 nights out this year total and we bought a new trailer this year, a 2013 roo. Upgraded from a 2007 HW 276 popup. The first 4 years we were out about 20 nights easily, but it has gone downward. Last year we went out once. Mostly due to not wanting to camp in a popup anymore. We upgraded and love our trailer not but the kids got back into sports this year......Every weekend in the late summer and all of fall has been hard. I'm ready for some winter camping quite frankly to make up for some missed camping. I feel like next season is going to start early.
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #43
Mod free 5er

I think we get our money's worth out of ours, somewhere around 110-140 days a year for the last 6 yrs.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #44

Just added it up-lived in trailer 212 days in the last 15 months....course that included wintering in Fla...and about a month or so on the blue ridge....rest was misc fed and county parks....

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #45
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2liv View Post
Just added it up-lived in trailer 212 days in the last 15 months....course that included wintering in Fla...and about a month or so on the blue ridge....rest was misc fed and county parks....
From Jul 12 until now, we have 226 and will end the year with 259. So, we're getting good use out of ours.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #46
NELA

OK, I'm feelin a bit happier about having to cancel our camping trip this weekend, and driving to Tampa Bay, FL (DH's home stompin grounds) instead. We're bookin a trip (local) for Oct. 25th!

Goin with a fried we made here on this forum. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm bringin a big pot of my cold weather special....

Venison Chili!

I'm thinkin' we'll fit one more trip in between this trip and our T'giving trip to Hot Springs. The weather is getting SO nice here now....it didn't even get to 80 today. Nice cool wind blowing right now...squirrel huntin time!

As far as weather's concerned I don't plan on letting winter get in our way, unless we get one of those freak ice storms we get every 8 years or so. THAT would result in "Francis" stayin put in the back yard until it thaws. I can't even imagine trying to pull a TT in ice...has anyone here ever done that?

Back on topic, I was disappointed with life and family obligations putting the qui-ee-tous on camping dates, but things are lookin up!

We didn't get our TT until June, so next year it's gonna be ON!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #47

I used to think that people with RVs were outa their minds. For the cost of ownership, fuel, space rental, etc. one can do a lot of cabin and hotel rentals. However, I go to competitions around the country, and I go fly fishing. At the competitions, there are usually folks that stay at the flying field and camp. Every night is a party with many musicians, etc. Staying right on the river when possible is so much nicer, too. To me, even though I don't use it as much as I'd like... it's worth it.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote