Old 12-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #11
KJPapa

I noticed that your location says Pasadena, Tx so you might be looking for someone in the Houston area. We live in Sugar Land and have found that PPL Motorhomes at HWY 59 and west Beltway 8 seems to be repair facility we like dealing with the best. You can actually make an appointment and usually get your unit fixed in a few days. I have never had it in for more than a week. That "few days" part alone makes them different than most of the dealers in the area. I know it is across town from Pasadena, but it still may be worth the drive. I usually talk to David at 800-755-4775 ext. 179.

When we are traveling with our rig we have found mobile service guys wherever we are that are reliable. You can ask at the campground where you are staying.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #12
jkoenig24

LOTS of places will work on an RV. If you're looking for warranty coverage, be sure to talk to Forest River (or appropriate subdivision) BEFORE anyone starts working. And just because a shop is willing TO work on your rig, does NOT mean that they are qualified to do so. Ask LOTS of questions and make sure that you AND the shop have a clear understanding of what's to be done and how it will be paid for in advance. Document EVERYTHING

Old 12-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #13

another point of view

A private or mobile repair shop is not trying to sell you something new. They make their money by getting your rig back on the road and making you happy.
I'm new at this but it makes common since to me to get someone other than a dealer to do repairs on your pride and joy.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #14

The real problem is finding someone that will do Warranty work !!!
Old 12-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
The real problem is finding someone that will do Warranty work !!!
Only your Dealer who Sold you a unit is Required to provide Warr.Work! Lots of Dealers I would NOT want to work on our unit! Any other Dealer F/R or Not Might want You to Pay and You get paid back by F/R! The VERY First thing is to get a F/R OK and get a Repair # from F/R! Youroo!!
Old 12-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #16

We ordered our new fiver a month ago. Luckily I found this and other forums discussing how horrible a lot of dealer service is. Since we will be in Florida a majority of the time I did a search for mobile RV repair shops. I picked a couple, checked the BBB and Angie's list. Then called them to make sure they did FR warranty work. So I'm pretty confident that WHEN we do need warranty work, we will be taken care if. I have never even taken my cars back to a dealer for work. Don't trust any of em.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblake39 View Post
We ordered our new fiver a month ago. Luckily I found this and other forums discussing how horrible a lot of dealer service is. Since we will be in Florida a majority of the time I did a search for mobile RV repair shops. I picked a couple, checked the BBB and Angie's list. Then called them to make sure they did FR warranty work. So I'm pretty confident that WHEN we do need warranty work, we will be taken care if. I have never even taken my cars back to a dealer for work. Don't trust any of em.
I hope for your sake you are right about FR service,,, don't be surprised if they change there tune,,, after you buy a unit somewhere else !!!

Do not trust auto dealership service ???
I think in most cases,,, they are the most trust worthy !!!
Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 AM   #18

I needed a repair done while on the road when I was under warranty. I called FR, they found a repair dealer in fact two I could choose from. One was located where we were at and the second was the next stop we would be making. I had no problem had it fixed and FR paid them. In and out the sameday they took care of everything. When your traveling it's different then looking for a dealer at home. They FR realizes that and will bend over backwards to help you out.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #19

I had issues with the dealer installed items and wouldn't go back to them. I needed some warranty work and had troubles with local FR dealers wanting to do the work as I didn't purchase there and it was getting into their busy season. Palomino contacted the dealer I preferred to work with and arranged for them to do the work. They did a good job and I've used them since for parts and winter maintenance.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #20

We are allowed to Name (Good Dealers) God only knows we list (Bad Ones)! Youroo!!

Tags
dealer, repair