Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #181

I sent them to Forest River three days ago and haven't heard back. Apparently they don't care.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Here are some pictures of my new 8312ss Rockwood delivered 7/12. Waiting for follow up from Forest River.

Yikes at first I thought they were footprints in the sand then quickly realized it was top of an RV, man hope you get that all worked out
Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I sent them to Forest River three days ago and haven't heard back. Apparently they don't care.
Might try following up with a phone call. Don't have the #'s of who I went through first, but ended up with Kelly Stutzman 574-533-9843
That was for an issue with my Work and Play.
If she can't help, maybe she'll have the name/number of who can.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #184

Thank You 👍
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #185

I love mine and it's an hour out of town I spend every weekend here. Last week I stayed here and drove back and forth to work just got costly on gas. I would love here while my house is being built but to much on gas to work and back.
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:48 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I've had as many problems as anyone. All are either fixed or have appointments to get fixed. By end of August, I'll have it in 100% shape, with some neat add-ons, and more coming.

I love this thing. Best thing I ever did. BUT...........I will have over 100 days camping by the end of the year. If I had 10 days camping, I might wish I had done it differently. It's a lifestyle. I wish I had never had ANY Problems, and many folks don't.

But I had rather have a travel trailer and problems that get fixed, than not have one at all (and of course, no problems).
Absolutely. Better to have had a trailer and lost then never of had one at all.
cowboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #187
Wyn

Yes, we have a Rockwood Windjammer trailer that seems to be a well built trailer that we like a lot. We also have a sob (Jayco) motorhome that we are happy with. All RV's have their issues, but overall they do the job they are intended to do.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
unhuh.

Don't let web forums fool you, they draw people who feel they've been wronged and want to vent, looking for help or want company in their misery. It's the same on nearly every web forum you will frequent.

Take my F-150 for example. They sell 600,000 plus per year. Web forums are full of people complaining about everything from paint glitches to engine failures. But each web site has only in the 10's of thousands of members at best. Lets assume a web site has 20,000 members and they all have the same problem with the same f-150 in the same model year. Percentage wise, that's 3.3% of all the total vehicles sold that year. Statistically insignificant, unless you're one of those 20,000 people. But it also extrapolates to you have a 3.3% chance of getting one with a problem and a 96.7% chance of not having a problem. that doesn't mean those 20,000 should be brushed off any the manufacturer though, they should get their stuff fixed under warranty, but even at 20,000 units, it's still only a 3.3% failure rate for the manufacturer. That would be considered acceptable failure rate by almost any manufacturer.

Now, the RV industry has lower production numbers and a little bit more trouble with QA procedures, but even tripling the chances in example above, you only have a 9-10% chance of problems. That's a 90%chance of not having a problem. Even if we double that 10% chance to 20%, you still have an 80% chance of getting a good one. let's go to 30% (which is absurdly high), still 70% chance of a good one. Doing a thorough PDI with someone who knows what they are looking at lowers you chances of a bad one all over again. you still have to do your due diligence, just like you would with anything you buy. That it costs more that something else you would buy just means you should look longer and harder and seek experts. Sort of like what you do when you buy a home. "Buyer beware" really means "be an informed consumer".

The majority of people who are happy with (insert product here) don't post on web forums, they're too busy just living their lives and enjoying their (insert product here).
You are over-thinking it. Yes we love Forest River. We've had two and now have a Cedar Creek Champagne on order.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:52 PM   #189

We have had multiple RVs by multiple manufacturers. Can honestly say I have had a love/hate relationship with all of them. Love em when all is going well, hate em when things go wrong, and things will always go wrong at some point. Thank goodness it is usually a small percentage of the time....
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #190

2015 sandstorm 285. Love it.
Trobec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:41 PM   #191

Love my 2016 1905 minilite. Well built, no problems, perfect for my needs
Old 08-07-2017, 03:23 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
We purchased a 2012 Rockwood8288ws had ac problem but figured it out. Have been very pleased with it. Pulls great with my 2009 silverado 2500 gasser. Was planning on a full USA trip.purchased Thousand Trails Elite package to explore everywhere. But alas my darling wife passed away june 30th . Totally lost at what to do now, it wouldn't be any fun without her.
jtesta1: I'm sorry for your loss, peace be with you........I can't imagine.
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #193

[QUOTE=Pleasantsurroundings;1586885]jtesta1: I'm sorry for your loss, peace be with you........I can't imagine..../QUOTE]
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
We purchased a 2012 Rockwood8288ws had ac problem but figured it out. Have been very pleased with it. Pulls great with my 2009 silverado 2500 gasser. Was planning on a full USA trip.purchased Thousand Trails Elite package to explore everywhere. But alas my darling wife passed away june 30th . Totally lost at what to do now, it wouldn't be any fun without her.
OH Dear jtesta1, we are so sorry to hear of your loss. It IS indeed unimaginable to live out a dream that you two planned together. My heart hurts for you. I hope you find some peace and contentment in your future thoughts and plans. Take your time to grieve - you just never know where your road will lead you. God Bless! Debbie
jdstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #195

So very sorry for your loss. No one can imagine how your heart aches. Grieving is very personal. Please take the time to grieve and sort things out. One never knows what challenges are in store for us, but trust that you will someday see the rainbows between the rain. When one door is closed, another will open. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 May God give you the strength you need to get through your sorrow.
Sonnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #196

Absolutely. The more I learn and can fix on my own, the more I love it!
SARDogDad is offline   Reply With Quote